Creating Photo Gallery Website Easily Without Adobe Flash
Making a photo gallery Flash Website is not an easy task. Especially for someone who never done any web design, even for web developer who is experienced with HTML script still having difficulties adapting to Adobe Flash Software. Even by purchasing a flash template which still requires you to edit them using Adobe Flash.
In this tutorial, we will show you how to create a photo gallery flash website easily.You just need to choose the template and then you can customize the template.
Here is the result
Software: IncrediFlash Website Template
Time: Less than 30 minutes
1. Download and Install the FREE editor software from here
2. Run the software and click OK to start a new project.
3. You will see all available Flash Templates. You need to purchase the template you wish to use by clicking the Purchase button. You can also preview them by clicking the View button.
However for evaluation you can try the first template called 'Abstract'. Even though we are going to use the Photography Template for our discussion, all the customization process for all templates are similar.
So here we select Photography Template and click Create button.
4. Here you will see the website is created automatically for you. What we need to do now is to change texts and photos to suit your purpose. Notice that there are 3 page thumbnails showing on the left. That represent each of your website page. You can add or remove page however in this time we will stick to default 4 pages.
The page currently selected is the one with the red box around it. This page is the one we are currently see in the big preview window at the center.
5. You can change the Company Name with click it on the Company Name text at the top. Soon you will see a textbox at the bottom right corner showing the same text. Change the text in that textbox to 'Photo Gallery'.
Soon you will see that the Company Name text on the website will change respectively.
6. Do the same for any text on that page you would like to change. If you feel a little adventurous you can also try to change their color and font name using control above the textbox where you type in the text.
7. Here we will change some photos. Click on the top most photo thumbnail. Notice that the control on the bottom right is now changed into Image control showing properties of image you have just clicked.
Click the Folder Browse button to select your own photo as a replacement. It is recommended that you use the same photo dimension as the one showing under the Folder Browse button. However if you don't it is ok. The software will crop and resize the photo to fit the area for you.
Spend sometimes to change other photos in this page and on other pages. For this tutorial, we use the default.
8. Spend a bit more time to change other text such as Fax, Phone, Website and Email.
9. Now you are done. Preview the website by clicking on Preview button. You may stop the playback by pressing the Stop button next to Preview button.
Now you see that the website is fully functional. This is all done by simply clicking and typing without the need to use other complicated software. Isn't it cool!
10. Now as a final step. You may wish to put this website online for real use. To do this, you will publish this website as an HTML and SWF (Flash) file. Click on Publish HTML button.
11. Click the Browse button to select the target folder, type in the Page Title and Filename you wish to use and press OK. After the publishing process is done, you will be offered to preview the website. Choose No.
12. Now go have a look at the target folder using Windows Explorer. You will see an HTML, JPG, and SWF file. Simply upload all files into your website. Then your website is visible online by viewing the HTML file.
Congratulations! You have created your full Flash Website. Here is the result
|» Level Basic|
Rating: 9 Votes: 1
|Download the files used in this tutorial.|
|Download (1491 kb)|
|More help? Search our boards for quick answers!|