We all want to put bitmaps into our sites, but they make the size of the final
SWF unacceptable! Ok, here are some tips on how to do your images so that they
don't bankrupt your file size!
Image optimization can be tough. I generally recommend the following:
- Size the image to the exact size that you will be using in Flash - no need paying for those extra bytes.
- Export the image out of your image tool (PhotoShop or such) at a reasonably high resolution.
- Save as either JPG, PNG, or BMP depending on size and your intended use.
- Avoid all but the simplest of GIFs, Flash hates GIFs.
- Import into Flash and let Flash do the compression using the Publish Settings features.
- Publish with AntiAliasing on and off to see how you like it best.
|» Level Basic|
Rating: 6 Votes: 194
|No author details available.|
|Download the files used in this tutorial.|
|Download (0 kb)|
|More help? Search our boards for quick answers!|