Want to attract your audience with your professional PowerPoint presentations on your own websites or blogs? That sounds so cool. Now the new feature of Office Web Apps that released recently can achieve what you want easily.
The new feature in Microsoft Office Web Apps will give users the ability to embed their presentations and spreadsheets in blog posts and other web pages, giving people who visit their sites a new type of window to show their documents.
Now, lets learn how to embed PowerPoint presentation into your website or blog step by step:
- Log in your Windows Live account. (If you dont have an account, create one.)
- Click your Office on the navigation bar.
- Click New files to upload the PowerPoint files that you want to share.
- Create a new folder, name it and change its permissions. (The folder must be public and shared with everyone, or it will just be a private presentation that can only viewed by you.)
- Drop your documents into the window or select your document from your computer.
- Hover over document, then select More, Share, and Embed.
- You have got the embed code, now you can copy and paste it anywhere youd like the PowerPoint presentation to appear.
It is done! Is it so easy to share your PowerPoint? In one word, there are only three steps: upload change permissions embed.
With the embed code, you can have your presentation shared with others easily. As what I have mentioned before, you can put the presentation to your websites or blogs. Here is the guide for embedding PowerPoint into your wordpress blog:
- Copy the embed code containing iframe.
- Switch to the HTML view on your Wordpress blog composition windows instead of the Visual view.
- Paste the embed code and do not move back to the Visual screen. Visual screen by default removes the source code which is not in the allowed list.
- Publish the post with the iFrame code. (Remember, do not switch to the Visual tab, else, you will lose the iFrame code.)
Here is the Microsoft sample to embed PowerPoint (also an instruction guide):
I follow these instructions but the final result is not what I expected: it didnt show the PowerPoint as the sample does; what I can see is an icon of PowerPoint presentation. When clicking the icon you will be directed to the download page.
Here is the embed code provided by Microsoft:
|» Level Basic|
Rating: 0 Votes: 0
|Linky is an expert in E-learning who have focused on give you the best solution of converting PowerPoint to flash, also include some tips and tricks which will make your life and work easier. Click to learn more about PowerPoint to Flash: http://www.sameshow.com/powerpoint-to-flash-pro.html|
|Download the files used in this tutorial.|
|Download (0 kb)|
|More help? Search our boards for quick answers!|