Creating Dropshadows for text
1. Open Up flash and create a new document by going to File > New (ctrl+n)
2. Type in some text using the text tool (see picture)
3. Create a new layer by going to Insert > Layer (see picture)
4. Go back to layer 1 and select the text object.
5. Copy it (ctrl+c) and paste in place on layer 2 (ctrl+shift+v)
6. Hide and lock layer 1 (see picture)
7. On layer 2, change the fill color to a medium gray (see picture)
8. Go to Modify > Break Apart (ctrl+B) to break each letter into seperate objects (see picture)
9. Next go to Modify > Shape > Soften Fill Edges (see picture)
10. Set the distance to 4 pixels and the number of steps to 6. Make sure to keep the direction as expand. (see picture)
11. Unhide and unlock layer 1.
12. Click and drag layer one above layer 2.
13. Go to layer 2 and use the arrow keys to move the text down and over to the right.
14. Go back to layer one and there you have it! A drop shadow (see picture)
Problems? e-mail them to me here
|» Level Basic|
Rating: 6.05 Votes: 55
|Name: John I like making websites and designing graphics.|
|Download the files used in this tutorial.|
|Download (170 kb)|
|More help? Search our boards for quick answers!|