Tutorials » Text_Effects:
Apply bitmap filters to text along the curve with Text2Curve component - Page 2
Step 1. Create text along the curveWith Text2Curve component, you have two possible ways to place text along the curve:
- Drag component symbol to the stage in Flash IDE.
- Create at runtime using Text2Curve class constructor.
Note: An instance of Text2Curve component must be placed on the scene in authoring environment or withAfter creating Text2Curve, you may want to adjust it's properties to desired values:
attachMovie()before using this constructor.
- Text2Curve.centerText A Boolean value that indicates whether text is centered (applicable to round and elliptic curves).
- Text2Curve.curveColor The color of the curve's line. Default is 0xCCCCCC (grey).
- Text2Curve.curveParam An Object containing parameters for the curve.
- Text2Curve.curveType The type of a curve. Can be one of pre-defined strings.
- Text2Curve.doRotate A Boolean value that indicates whether letters are rotated to be perpendicular to the curve.
- Text2Curve.letterSpacing The amount of additional space between letters.
- Text2Curve.lineWidth The width of a curve's line.
- Text2Curve.rotateBy The angle of rotation for the whole text group.
- Text2Curve.shiftBy The distance along the curve from 0 point to first letter.
- Text2Curve.showLine A Boolean value that indicates whether curve is visible.
- Text2Curve.txtColor The color of the text.
- Text2Curve.txtFont A string that indicates font name or the linkage identifier of the font symbol for the text.
- Text2Curve.txtSize The point size of text.
- Text2Curve.txtWidth Read-only; total length of the text in pixels.
- Text2Curve.userText The text to be placed along the curve.
|» Level Advanced|
Rating: 6 Votes: 2
|GOusable Flash components development. Usability services.|
|Download the files used in this tutorial.|
|Download (10 kb)|
|More help? Search our boards for quick answers!|