First off, I have seen many attempts -- one hit right on the head on this site, and most way, way off. For the majority of them, they use complicated actionscripting to allow the computer to choose the letter, fall speed, some I don't even understand...
First, install the font included with this tutorial. It was dowloaded from this site, and I think it is the closest font to the Matrix code thus far. The title font is also included. Sweet....
1. Open Flash
2. Type in "The Matrix" or whatever you choose using the Matrix.ttf font.
3. Heres where it gets messy. Hit Ctrl+F8 (New Symbol), and make it a movie clip (mc). Name it MatrixCode1. You'll have to change the number in the future as not to overwrite anything in the library.
4. Make two layers. One the Electroharmonix text with 6-14 letters right underneath each other, and the other a rectangle filled with a gradient.
5. For the gradient, make it linear. 3 colors-Black at the top of the bar(#000000), a dark green towards the bottom (#007300), and a light green, almost white (#94FFAB). See the .fla to see placement.
6. The text has to be on top of the grad-bar. Make the text a 'mask', and the bar the 'masked'.
7. Have the grad bar move from top to bottom, making sure the colors flow smoothly.
8. Make a few variant clips (this is where the # change in the name comes in handy) in which the actual animation starts later so all the 'code' doesn't stop and start all at once.
8a. BTW, it help to change the letters in the electroharmonix text so all the code is different. ;-)
9. Drag and drop from the library to the stage as many as you wish.
Any questions or comments, email me.
|» Level Basic|
Rating: 4 Votes: 103
|A simple way to make the code in the Matrix movie.|
|Download the files used in this tutorial.|
|Download (0 kb)|
|More help? Search our boards for quick answers!|