Creating the .fla
- Create a new symbol by holding down ctrl + F8 or by choosing INSERT>NEW SYMBOL. Name the first layer on the timeline image. Create a new layer and name it imageMask.
- Import a bitmap photograph in the first layer.
- Using the drawing tools create an outline of the object you want to be
cut out on the layer labeled imageMask.
Note: I recommend using Adobe Illustrator 9.0 for doing complicated vectors. The drawing tools are easier to use and more precise than most drawing applications. You can place your bitmap into Illustrator and then trace the image accordingly. Illustrator can then export the image as a .swf file.
- Lastly, right click the layer imageMask and select Mask from the menu.
- That's It! You can place this symbol in any timeline of your movie and animate it however you choose now.
|» Level Basic|
Rating: 7 Votes: 191
|No details available.|
|Download the files used in this tutorial.|
|Download (28 kb)|
|More help? Search our boards for quick answers!|