Pt3 - Setting Properties
Now that you have named all the elements that you are going to use, it is time to set the properties of the placed blocks. When the IQ Test starts, the placed blocks will have an alpha of 0, leaving the slots in the box blank. We use the Alpha transparency property instead of the Visibility property so that we can get the drop target property later in the project. Once the user drops the dragged block over the hole, the dragged element will become invisible and the placed block with appear. This gives the impression that the dragged block has 'snapped' into place.
- Modify the first frame of the actions layer (Modify
Frame or Command-F) and select the actions tab.
- Click the plus (+) button from the Actions tab and select 'Set Property.' Set the options of the 'Set Property' action as follows:
- Select 'Alpha' from the set: pull down menu
- The target is '/circle_in' - without the quotes
- The value is 0. It is important that this value is an expression (an equal sign) and not a string ('abc'). See Figure 3.
- Repeat step 2 for each of the placed blocks, triangle_in, square_in, star_in, pentagon_in and hexagon_in.
|» Level Intermediate|
Rating: 7 Votes: 48
|Information Architect - Multimedia Designer - Creative Guy|
|Download the files used in this tutorial.|
|Download (693 kb)|
|More help? Search our boards for quick answers!|