Pt2 - Placed Movie Clips
Before we add the ActionScripts to each of these buttons, we need to make each of the placed blocks a named movie clip. The placed blocks are going to be used to simulate the blocks 'snapping' into place. Each of the blocks will have a sound attached to it that we will play when the blocks snap into place.
- Select the circle block in the box and make it a movie clip (Insert/Convert to Symbol
then movie clip). Then name the instance of the movie clip 'circle_in' by editing its properties (Modify/Instance
- Repeat step 1 for each of the blocks in the box, naming them triangle_in, square_in, star_in, pentagon_in and hexagon_in.
- Edit the circle_in movie clip, making it 5 frames long.
- Add a layer for actions to the movie clip and label the first frame of this layer 'out' and add a Stop action to that frame. This stops the movie clip from playing further when the movie clip is loaded.
- Insert a blank keyframe on the Actions layer in the fifth frame. Label this frame 'in' and add a stop action. Add the sound 'sound_drop' to the fifth frame of the Actions layer. The sound should be synced as an 'event.'
- Repeat steps 3, 4 and 5 for each of the blocks.
|» Level Intermediate|
Rating: 7 Votes: 48
|Information Architect - Multimedia Designer - Creative Guy|
|Download the files used in this tutorial.|
|Download (693 kb)|
|More help? Search our boards for quick answers!|