Okay, what were going to make here, is a button, that when a user rolls-over it,a dragable description of what that link is will pop up. But the description will obviously only popup in the confines of the hit area.
HERE WE GO!Setting Up
1. Create a new symbol by going to insert>new symbol. You can also do this by pressing ctrl F8. Check off "Button" and name it something descriptive like, "Button" or something.
2. Next, insert another symbol, this time a movie clip, and name it something like "Text" This can also be a graphic, but it doesnt matter.
3. Then, add yet another symbol (ctrl F8) and name it "Draggable Text"
Ok, now what we are going to do, is make the button, if you dont already know how to make an effective button, go to here. So make your button.
1. Once you have made your button, go to the library, (windows>library) and double click the icon beside the "Text". You should now be in edit mode. Make a square, and play around with the alpha, so that it wont cover up anything. Type your description within the square or circle, or whatever it is, and group it. (ctrl G) Then select your square and drag it so that the bottom left corner is inline with the cross thingy.
2. Now, go to your library, and double click the "Dragable Text" icon. Now, click and drag the "text" symbol from the library onto the stage. Line it up with the crosshairs.
3. Now we will add the scripting. Double-click the first frame and add this. It script should work:StartDrag(_leve10.aim, true);
Now to add that symbol into your button.
1. Go to your library, and double-click the "Button" symbol, and click on the "OVER" frame and add the Dragable Text symbol you just edited lining up the cross-hairs. Finish up the button if you didnt do that already, and add the button to the main stage. Now test it.
|» Level Basic|
Rating: 2.94 Votes: 35
|Website maker wannabe|
|Download the files used in this tutorial.|
|Download (0 kb)|
|More help? Search our boards for quick answers!|