How To Use a Button to Tell a Movie Clip To Play Flash MX 2004 - Page 3
7. Check your actions panel and behaviors panels they should look like below.
8. Before you test your movie you'll want to add a stop(); action to the beginning of your movie clip. Without the stop action your movie clip will automatically start playing. So double clip your movieclip on the stage to go into edit mode.
9. Create a new layer and name it Actions. Select frame 1 of your actions layer on the timeline.
10. Instead of using the behaviors panel we will use the Actions Panel. On the left hand side of the actions panel click Global Functions<%lt%>Timeline Control<%lt%>stop. This will add a stop action to frame 1 of your timeline. If you want to add a stop(); action at the end of your movie clip give you last frame a keyframe and add another stop action.
11. Test your movie (CTRL Enter or Control<%lt%>Test Movie). When you click your button your movie clip named bar should now play.
|» Level Basic|
Rating: 8 Votes: 61
|Download the files used in this tutorial.|
|Download (94 kb)|
|More help? Search our boards for quick answers!|