Variables - part 2 - text
hi again , this is the second part of the Variables tutorials!
So in the last tutorial we were using numbers and doing things to it . (e.g. adding , taking away elc..). in this tutorial (part 2) were going to use letters instead. if you have read my first tutorial you might of found it a bit hard to understand so i made this one super easy !.
The main aim in this tutorial is to make a user name box. these. These are VERY important if your make a action/adventure game or really any game :)
(note: thanks to Christian for providing the flash 5 codes for the first tutorail , use this instead. money = money + 10 and vice versa for -10 )
here's what YOUR going to make:
Here's something i made:
ok so lets start.
start up flash if you haven't or ready..
1) on your first frame make a text box.
2) change the text box it a input text box
3) now at the bottom of the input text box type " name " in to the var: box
4) now on that frame give it the actionscript
5) now make a new key frame
6) make another text box
7) this time make it a dynamic text box
8) in the var: box type " name "
9) now give this frame the actionscript:
you have now done the hard bit! this is just finishing off!
10) now go back to the first frame and make a button.
11) give it this actionscript:
12) on the second frame you could put some static text saying your name is:
13) the same could be done on the first frame saying type your name here:
i hope this was help-full if you have ANY flash problems please do feel free to ask them at firstname.lastname@example.org
|» Level Basic|
Rating: 4 Votes: 16
|english , like flash photoshop,dreamweaver,fireworks and FLASHKIT :)|
|Download the files used in this tutorial.|
|Download (11 kb)|
|More help? Search our boards for quick answers!|