Part 6 - Error Checking
1) Are you sure that you can run php scripts on your server? Check with your systems administrator to make sure.
2) Have you changed the permissions of the dBText directory located within the E-Cards directory.
3) If the user is receiving E-Cards and the custom text is not appearing - First check the directory 'dBText' - and make sure that files are being written to this directory. If not, it's probably the directory permissions. If they are view the contents of one of these files and verify the format.
4) Check to see if you have any errors in your scripts. Open up the script in your browser window by typing in the full url to the script on your server - If you receive an error message, then you've got a small syntax error in your script. It's probably a missed ';' or a similar error. Usually this reports a line number along with the error, this should give you a good start on where to find the error. If their is a blank screen or a success message then the script is working.
5) Verify all paths used and try to visually track the variables from the beginning to the end of the process.
|» Level Advanced|
Rating: 8.95 Votes: 123
|Jeffrey Hill is a freelance web developer from Boulder, Colorado. He specializes in creating and developing dynamic database driven Flash content. Being a recent graduate of the University of Colorado - he somehow finds time to write these tutorials.|
|Download the files used in this tutorial.|
|Download (426 kb)|
|More help? Search our boards for quick answers!|