Using the Auto-Code Generator
The auto-code generator will automatically create any of the previously mentioned popup window effects, plus a lot more. To Use:
1) First try just using the 'Generate Popup' button to create a new window.
2) Add any effects by selecting various functions such as 'Add Scroll' or 'Add Resize'. You can then add any combination of these to create various effects. A delay parameter is added to most of them to indicate the amount of time to pass between applying the effect. Remember that it's all in milliseconds - so 1000 ms would be 1 second.
3) The auto and animate functions will only work if you have already opened a popup window.
4) Some effects functions will not work if you change the target URL to a link outside of the domain where the example is located. For example if you change the target URL to www.google.com then try to use an Animate or Auto function on that window it will not work correct. This should not be that much of a problem though because most of the time we are opening pages located on the same server.
5) Play around with the different settings. Some of these may not be that well defined but they all change the effect slightly. For example with the Animated Resize function the i parameter indicates smoothness (increments), the x and y indicate the amount you want to resize the window by.
6) Find an effect you can use then copy and paste the Auto Generated code in the screen below and place it on any Flash button or Frame action. To copy and paste it's usually easier to 'right click' and select 'copy' with the mouse then to use Ctrl+C. Sometimes copy and paste can be a little bit tricky when it's from one Flash movie to another.
That's about it. Hope you found this interesting. Have fun playing around with Pop-ups.
-Jeffrey F. Hill
|» Level Intermediate|
Rating: 9 Votes: 149
|Jeffrey Hill is a freelance web developer from Boulder, Colorado. He specializes in creating and developing dynamic database driven Flash content and applications. Specialty's include SQL, PHP, Perl, and XML.|
|Download the files used in this tutorial.|
|Download (0 kb)|
|More help? Search our boards for quick answers!|