Tutorials » Backend:
Keyword search using MySQL / PostgreSQL / MSSQL / InterBase / ODBC, PHP and Flash 4 - Page 9
FinishedWell if everything went smooth then the only thing left for you to do is enter all your keyword data! We have over 800 searchable terms in our database, and that number will triple shortly as we enter all the software descriptions in our Ask Leaphy database as well.
- Check your header.php and footer.php, make sure they have no data ZERO BYTE
- Make sure you are calling an html file in your browser, not the swf directly.
- Make sure you use the absolute path to your dgssearch directory for the $config["installBase"]
/home/username/public_html/dgssearch is CORRECT
/dgssearch is INCORRECT
- It is easier to debug the php by not using the flash. If your Flash movie loops endlessly, then the backend is probably screwing up. Try actually typing the php address in your browser address to help you debug the scripts. (ie http://www.yourserver.com/dgssearch/search.php?q=phone or http://www.yourserver.com/dgssearch/answer.php?id=1)
- Write me a nice email after trying everything, and I'll help you get it to work if I can.
|» Level Advanced|
Rating: 8 Votes: 47
|I work for a Canadian software company as a logisitics director. We provide custom configured Linux distributions. In my spare time I sleep.|
|Download the files used in this tutorial.|
|Download (103 kb)|
|More help? Search our boards for quick answers!|