Keyword search using MySQL / PostgreSQL / MSSQL / InterBase / ODBC, PHP and Flash 4 - Page 2
- Database: MySQL, ODBC, MSSQL, PostgreSQL or InterBase (tutorial based on MySQL, but easily adaptable to others)
- PHP: Known to work with PHP versions 3.0.16-2 and 4.0.1.pl2, should work for any version above 3.0.7
- Web Server: Shouldn't matter, as long as PHP and the database can interact with the Web Server.
- Flash: Flash 4
- Database: You are familiar with creating new databases, creating new tables and inserting data into the database.
- PHP: You're okay if you can copy and paste
- Web Server: You know where the php files exist on your server(ie /home/myserver/webdocs/dgssearch)
- Flash: The Actionscripting isn't too difficult
You will also need to configure a few more scripts, but I will
provide instructions on each of those in the next few steps of the tutorial. The
easiest way to follow along with this tutorial is to download the zip file
included. It has all the relevant files attached.
Final warning: This tutorial isn't for you if you are unfamiliar with scripting or databases. You should be fine however, if you've ever worked with a database before. I'm not going to teach you how to unzip files or upload files to your web server, nor how to install a database on your system.
|» Level Advanced|
Rating: 8.04 Votes: 48
|I work for a Canadian software company as a logisitics director. We provide custom configured Linux distributions. In my spare time I sleep.|
|Download the files used in this tutorial.|
|Download (103 kb)|
|More help? Search our boards for quick answers!|