The Sound Movie
Part 3: Setting up the sound movie.
- Now we want to start a new movie. This second movie will be loaded into the main movie and contain our background loop. Why the heck are we doing this? External movies do several things for Flashers. One major thing is that they break your content up into small chunks. Your users only have to preload the things they want to see. For example, many sites have the main interface in one movie and all of the section content in several others. The main thing about external movies relative to this tutorial, is the fact that they are separate from the main timeline. In this example, we will be loading in our sound so that it will play independently of the main movie. Confused?
- Let's break it down. The main time line of your movie is level_0. Every time you load a movie into another, you load it above the current movie into another level. What this will let us do is play our sound over several scenes independently of the main timelines scenes without interruption caused by switching scenes.
- Start a new movie and set the size the same as the first movie (400x300). Flash aligns your movies from the top left corner. If you where loading in info, and the size was different, your layout will be off.
- Import your sound file into the sound movie.
- Open the properties box for the first keyframe.
|» Level Intermediate|
Rating: 8 Votes: 199
|No information about the author has been provided|
|Download the files used in this tutorial.|
|Download (179 kb)|
|More help? Search our boards for quick answers!|