Making Flash Synchronize Audio Slideshow with Audio Scrubbing.
Sometimes we want to give something special for someone special. Especially for our mother. She is loving and caring. You can give this gift for her. She will be happy to get the special gift, "Flash Slideshow". For this tutorial, we will show you how to use "Audio Scrubbing". So your slideshow is more special.
Here is the result
Software: Flash Demo Builder
Time: Less than 1 minutes
1. You can start it by downloading the trial version from here
2. Run Flash Demo Builder.
3. From startup menu, choose "Images" & click on "OK" button.
Flash Demo Builder will show you a windows to choose the dimension. We use 640 x 480.
4. A image browser window will be opened. Move the cursor to the folder where the images are located and select the image files. You can make a multiple selection by clicking and holding a Ctrl button or by simply dragging the mouse to make a rectangular-multiple selection. All imported images will be scaled to fit this dimension. Then click on "Open" button.
5. Now, your images will be added. We will show you how to use "Audio Scrubbing". Audio scrubbing is supported for audio track which allows you to click and drag mouse cursor on the timeline ruler and hear the audio playing at that particular time slice. This way you can sync visual element easily with part of audio without the need to play the whole presentation frequently.
6. Click on "Insert Music and Audio" button from Side Toolbar.
Flash Demo Builder will show you a windows to choose the type of your audio. Choose "voice narration with synchronization", click on "OK" button. A dedicated audio track will be created for the entire presentation and the audio will be broken down into pieces to fill in audio track within each slides. This will guarantee a perfect synchronization with visual element even though presentation jumps between slides via navigation control or action. However you can only have one audio track per slide. If you import another audio track into a slide with an existing audio track, the new one will overwrite the existing one. This type of audio is useful for voice narration and background music which needs to be perfectly in sync all the time. Note that when you change the slide timing, the audio track in that particular slide will not be adjusted accordingly and will either trim the audio chunk at the end or will leave a silent period. So it is always better to adjust your slide timing first before importing audio narration.
Then you have to choose the playback setting. This type of audio will let you choose where to play the audio. At the start of presentation or at the current slide. If you choose at Current slide, you will be given option of what to do if the audio is longer than current slide duration. You can either extend the slide duration to fit the audio, or break down the audio into parts and distribute them across slides.
You can sync visual element easily with click and drag mouse cursor on the timeline ruler and hear the audio playing at that particular time slice.
7. Congratulation! Your flash slideshow with Audio Scrubbing is done. You can upload it into your own website with publish this project into "Flash and HTML File".
Here is the result
|» Level Basic|
Rating: 1.8 Votes: 5
|Download the files used in this tutorial.|
|Download (2158 kb)|
|More help? Search our boards for quick answers!|