Outline of the whole process and creation of the Flash Movie
As you certainly know, to create a hyperlink in a web page you use the <A> tag. An image can also be used to link another page using the <IMG> tag combined with an <A> tag.
Knowing this, we are ready to outline the process of firing sounds kept inside a Flash Movie using attributes of the HTML links to call them by name.
The process would be as follows:
- Select those links and/or images you want to be sonified and write down the name of the HTML file they reference, i.e. default.htm.
- Choose the sound files you want to use with every link and/or image you want sonified.
- Create a Flash movie and create a Movie Clip for each different sound. Insert instances of the Movie Clips inside the movie and give each instance of the Movie Clip the name of the page that will load when the user clicks the link and/or image.
- Export the movie as a .swf file.
- Embed the Flash movie in your page.
- Create a function that retrieves the target URL of the HTML tag that fired the event that called the function.
- Add event handlers for the links and/or images that call the above function.
- Use the target URL to determine the Movie Clip to play
- Play the Movie Clip.
We will go into each step in order.
|» Level Intermediate|
Rating: 5.83 Votes: 30
|My name is Gonzalo Alustiza and I work as a chief developer at Soundtown Argentina. Soundtown is a ten year old music production company specializing in music for advertising and TV which started to develop sonification solutions for the Internet.|
|Download the files used in this tutorial.|
|Download (89 kb)|
|More help? Search our boards for quick answers!|