FRAME - BY - FRAME ANIMATION
WARNING - YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND BOUT THE TOOLS B4 READING THE FOLLOWING STEPS
1) Open up flash, there are many flash programs e.g. macromedia cold fusion, or macromedia dream weaver, so pick the right one, I've got flash mx version 6.0
2)draw 2 simple stick men next 2 each other but not touching, use the brush tool to draw them, if u cant see the brush tool click on the window menu near the top of the screen and make sure tools has a tick next 2 it.
3) I made this drawing of the flash page to help u. it's not precise but u should be able to tell what's what. Your timeline should look like this right now.
4)Right click the black dot, which is in the red line and click "insert frame" or just press f5. Right click the first ( I'm labelling the keywords in red) black dot again and this time click "insert key frame".
5) Click the 2 squares on the timeline near the red line. Either the one with 2 white squares or the one with a light blue and dark blue. These will show the outline of where the object was previously.
6)The red line on the timeline should be going through the 2nd black dot. Rub out a one of the stickman's leg, which ever one u want 2 attack. Rub out one leg and one leg only,
7) Redraw the leg which has disappeared in a new place so it's slowly attacking his opponent. Yours should look similar to mine above but it doesn't have to be exact.
8)Press enter and the stick man should move his leg a bit. If he does your going the right way to victory. tip: if u don't want to see the previous outlines like on the pic above, just click the outline button again.)
9)Right click the 2nd black dot and click "insert frame". Right click the 2nd black dot again and click "insert keyframe",
10) rub out the leg which is about to kick. The screen should look similar to the one above.
11)Redraw the leg so it's even closer, I made him jump so he's performing a jumping kick but u don't have to.
12)Right click the 3rd black dot and click "insert frame" right click the 3rd black dot again and click "insert key frame"
13) If he's performing a jumping kick like mine then use the black arrow tool in the tool table and move him closer to his opponent so he's about to kick him in the face. If he's performing a normal kick then just rub out the present leg and draw a new one closer to his enemy.
14) Use the technique you've been using (insert frame, insert key frame blah blah blah) so that eventually he will kick him in the face. You can include blood which makes it look a lot better in my opinion.
15)Eventually when the stick man hits/touches the other stick man they will both become 1 object so you will have to rub out a tiny gap so they are separated.
16)In this lesson you've learnt how to make a animated stick man.
|» Level Basic|
Rating: 3 Votes: 40
|I love flash even though I havent been doing it for along time.|
|Download the files used in this tutorial.|
|Download (7 kb)|
|More help? Search our boards for quick answers!|