The Clock Set
Building the clock set - Now you have the background and hands Movie Clips ready, it's time to build the whole set:
1. Edit the Movie Clip Clock and create three additional layers. The first layer, that will stay under the three other ones, will contain the drawing of the background of the clock. Each of the other three layers will contain one of the hands.
This is very important: don't forget to give the hands instance names. Do the following:
1. Select the pointer on the stage.
2. Go to the Instance panel and write the instance name in the Name field.
Use the Instance panel to give the clip an instance name
Do this for the three hands and don't forget to use meaningful names. In my example I used the obvious names - Hours, Minutes and Seconds.
Placing the clock on the stage
Now you have your clock ready, do the following:
1. Go to the main scene, open the library and drag an instance
of the clock to the stage.
2. Select the Movie Clip
3. Go to the Instance panel and give it an instance name (I used the obvious: Clock).
|» Level Intermediate|
Rating: 7.93 Votes: 119
|Marcos J Pinto is a free lance developer and a computer books author in Brazil. His most recent book is a begginers introduction to using Flash 5 (in Portuguese).|
|Download the files used in this tutorial.|
|Download (27 kb)|
|More help? Search our boards for quick answers!|