This action is actually a series of actions, as you can see from the list in the usage section above. The load movie action will enable you to:
1. Load a Flash movie into a current movie
2. Load a movie to replace a movie already loaded.
3. Load variables from a text file.
4. Unload a movie previously loaded into the current movie.
5. Send Variable to a script (CGI) for processing.
To use the Load movie action you must also understand level and targeting. See the picture below.
Loading a movie into a level is much like layers. A movie that is place on level 5 will display it's contents below any content on level 6 or above. The main timeline is considered to be level 0. In terms of targets, loading a movie into a target already containing a loaded movie will see the old loaded movie replaced by the newly loaded movie. The load movie action can also be used to load and send variables to scripts.
|» Level Basic|
Rating: 4 Votes: 257
|Download the files used in this tutorial.|
|Download (12 kb)|
|More help? Search our boards for quick answers!|