Get URL ("URL", Window/Variables)
URL - defines the URL for the action. Can be a relative or absolute path.
Window - Identifies how you want the URL to be loaded.
- _self - loads URL into current movie.
- _blank - loads URL into new browser window.
- _parent - loads URL into the parent frame of the current frame.
- _top - removes current frameset and loads URL into the browser window.
Variables - Gives you control of how variables are treated.
- Don't Send - Does not send variables. Default for opening URLs.
- Send using GET - sends a small number of variables that are appended to the URL identified in the URL parameter. For example if the variables are text and style, then the URL will be "http://www.flashkit.com/tutpage.shtml?text=How+are+you&style=big". A Flash movie on tutpage.shtml would then accept the variables and used them as directing in the movie.
- Send using POST is best used for flash forms and sends the variables separately to the URL. This is best used when dealing with CGI or something similar.
HTML Navigation in Flash movies, opening browser windows, sending variables like a HTML form.
Get URL can perform two roles. One, tell the browser window to load the URL indicated in the command or, two send variables from the current movie to an URL (eg. CGI). The first role will be the main use. It creates a "hyperlink" for flash movies and can be used on projectors as well and it will accept both relative and absolute paths.
On (Release) Get URL ("http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/tute.shtml", window=_blank") End OnAdvanced Example:
On (Release) Get URL ("http://www.flashkit.com/cgi-bin/tutescript.cgi", vars=POST") End On
|» Level Basic|
Rating: 5 Votes: 181
|Eddie was a Content Editor at Flashkit.com and is actually a sentient Gateway Solo 2150xl notebook that suffers from acute lysdexia and caffeine addiction. He is carried on the shoulders of a semi-autonomous human called "Body".|
|Download the files used in this tutorial.|
|Download (10 kb)|
|More help? Search our boards for quick answers!|