Prepare the Stage
- Open Flash 5. Press Ctrl+N to create a new movie. Press Ctrl+M to open Movie Properties. Give Frame Rate to 21. Set movie width and height to 700 and 525 pixels respectively. Any size is acceptable, as long as you change some of the variables you will come across as required. Also, change the background of the movie clip to black or some other dark color. We want the flower to stand out from the background.
- Press F5 twice to make the movie three frames long. Click on the new layer icon thrice to create three new layers. Now name the layers as Miscellaneous, Scripts, Lines and vertices. Now, the time line should look like this:
- Now, we need to create a few movieclips. But don't worry: the majority of the work will be done in the ActionScript Window later. Press Ctrl+F8 to create a new symbol. Name it as 'Vertex' and give behavior as MovieClip.
- Now, Enter some text or anything. If it was text or some other movie clip, then press Ctrl+B to break it apart, or the alpha effects won't work. This is optional. You can even leave the movie clip empty. You just need the movieclip to hold some variables.
- Now go back to the main scene. Click on the vertices layer. Drag the vertex movie clip from the library window(If you don't see the Library, press Ctrl+L to see it) on to the stage. If you don't see the Instance Pane, press Ctrl+I to open the Instance Pane. In that, give the name of the Vertex movieclip instance as point.
- Press Ctrl+F8 to create a new movieclip named Line.
- Press O to select the Oval tool.
- Press the Click on the pencil button under the colors toolbar.
- Then click on the no-Color icon under the colors toolbar.
- Holding down the shift key, draw a circle.
- Press V to enable the Arrow tool. Click on the circle to select it.
- Click on Window - Panels - Transform to open the transform panel. Now, Click on the Skew Radio button and enter the two field's values as -40 and 35. The panel should look like this:
- Click outside the circle to deselect the skewed circle. Now select it again by clicking on it.
- If you donot see the info Panel, press Ctrl+Alt+I to invoke the info toolbar.
- Enter W and H values as 100. If you see an icon similar to in the panel, click on the white box in the top left of that icon to get this icon:
- Now enter X and Y values as 0 and 0.
- Your workspace should look something like below
- When done with the circle, click on the ' Scene 1' button on the top left above the timeline to go back to the Main Stage.
- Click on the Lines layer. Now drag the Line movieclip from the Library window onto the stage. Now, press Ctrl+I to invoke the Instances Panel. Now give the Line MovieClip instance the name 'wire'.
- Press F8 to create a new button. Give it any name you like.
- Hit F5 thrice and then draw a small box or circle around the plus sign.
- Go back to the main stage by clicking on the Scene 1 button on the top left.
- Click on the Miscellaneous layer and then drag the button movieclip onto the stage.
Make sure that all the three symbols are placed in the main stage outisde the viewable area. To do this,press Ctrl+2and drag the symbols to the grey area.
|» Level Advanced|
Rating: 8.99 Votes: 1236
|Age: 14 Profession: High School Student Location: Chennai, India(Not Indiana). Just doing it for fun. Ready to do small Freelance jobs.|
|Download the files used in this tutorial.|
|Download (51 kb)|
|More help? Search our boards for quick answers!|