A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [RESOLVED] Problem with External Program Launching

BullFrawg

resolved [RESOLVED] Problem with External Program Launching

I've got a Visual Basic program I am planning to "sandwich" between two Flash projector files. The first Flash will run and then call the VB program. When the user exits the VB program, the second Flash will run. This way I get the functionality of VB for my application but the coolness of Flash for my Intro/Ending sequences!

I've got this working just fine but I want to prevent the user from simply executing the VB program directly, thereby bypassing the Intro Flash.

If I could get the Intro Flash projector file to send command line inputs to my VB program this would neatly solve the problem but I cannot figure out how to send these along with the FS Command's "exec" function.

When I add the FS Command it takes two parameters, "exec" and the actual VB program name. If I try to add the VB command line parameter separated from the VB program name with a space or a slash or a comma, none of these work and the FS Command won't allow another parameter. I have created a shortcut on the desktop that correctly sends a command line parameter so I know the VB program is processing it correctly.

Any Ideas? (thanx in advance!)

try something like:

FS Command ("exec","foo.exe"&Chr(9)&"-argument")

hope that helps

gatha