A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Gaston!

Gaston!

woah - the eyewall is just a couple miles north of us as i type this. the rain hitting the windows and siding is deafening!!! my yard is flooded, and it is still very dark. this is wilder than charley. it's been going strong since 4AM, and i'm sure we have a few hours left. i hope we don't lose power....nords.

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

Ihoss
    And you use your computer suring the storm? Poor little thing

Originally posted by Ihoss
    And you use your computer suring the storm? Poor little thing
    the house is shaking...i'm going downstairs. bye.

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

Fingers crossed my man!

Get that old football helmet out and wear it!!!

We just got power back where I live. it's been out since 5am. just a block back towards Ashley River, and it's flooded knee deep.

we're about 12 feet above that... the ground is crazy saturated so the flooding was pretty bad around here.

the wind... insane.

Trees fell near the place, one car here is totaled.

Charley didn't even do any of this. Gaston picked up right before landfall and almost was categorized as a Category 1 hurricane.

I heard the islands, Sullivan, Isle of Palms and slightly north along the coast - Georgetown especially - got it pretty bad. How's Daniel Island man?

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

wow - i'm at work this morning, but only really to type this and check in with everyone at the baud. we live in mount pleasant, and the 5-mile radius around us was the hardest hit...you wouldn't have believed the wind and rain. it actaully looked like a blizzard. and the sounds of our house being torn apart - not fun at all. we still don't have power 24 hours later. one whole side of our house (both stories) is soaking wet...water dripping from the ceiling, carpet squishy....uggg! you wouldn't believe the tree damage in our neigborhood - it looks like a giant came and just topped them all off. some of these trees made it through hugo! the storm was cool - i just wish i wasn't going to have to go thur this rebuilding process...it doesn't sound fun. anyway, i'm off to find ice! i'll post some pics later...

Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

some pics from around the house...

Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

these buckets were 100% empty when the storm began:

Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book