A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Futurist Style Consoritum

Anti-Futurist Style Consoritum

I'd like to organize a group of designers who share the same dislike I have for people who use flash to show off their animation and 3D skills. No one wants to see that stuff! It's boring! Now, this ... THIS is how you design a site:

__________________________________________________ __________________
    home info contact links

this is the homepage of the world's only well designed site because there's nothing here to design! Just text baby!

c. 2004 Blah Studios
    __________________________________________________ ___________________

Band together brothers, and we can get rid of all these fancy-schmacy "designers" who use all those expensive 3D programs and animation skills and flashy effects with Flash ... hmm, those words are the same, flashy stuff in flash, yuk! ... anyway, we need to get rid of all that stuff.

Everything in one tone flat colors (mostly black and white) with a MAXIMUM of one picture! That's it! I'm calling for an end to small, box fonts ... an end to chrome interfaces ... and end to glowing animations ... an end to 90 degree angles ... and end to masking and motion tweens ... an end to any slick animated graphics whatsoever!!!!

Join me now as we head to California and take the head from the snake! March with me on the offices of 2Advanced Studios, grab Shane Miekle by the throat and shout "keep it simple, keep it light, or we're all gonna fight!".

Then we'll head out to New York & Stockholm to shove a RoadRunner up the arse of Fantasy Interactive or Interfaces or whatever they call themselves these days. Blah!

And finally, before it gets ANY worse, we'll go to Richmond, TX and seal all those FlashLevel people up in that overanimated tube they have on their splash page, delete it and them (thus making the page good) all before they get a chance to even THINK about adding more animation to anything! Gosh darn show offs!!!!

Amen!!!!!!

--------------
    the preceding announcement does not reflect the views of FlashKit, AOE D-Studio or anybody who is not hating on the fact that the futuristic style is better eyecandy than a static black and white page.

you know, you should really wait til after lunch before you have yourself a burn...otherwise you might run the risk of not making any sense...

free-webmaster-resource.com deamothul's Avatar
    yeah , or is it maybe you dont wanna learn all that coding/designing and all that math/physics that goes behind good 3d and cool effects :P
    It even sounds like you chose the wrong program to begin with mate, autch that evil flash and all its flashy powers , hehe.

I really dont understand such a point of view.
    I also hate it if it is done wrong, but if it is done well , then those things can be awesome.
    Boring flat static html pages is what you are looking for i guess, and those are a lot more evil then a few futuristic designs
    Why not go to the library and fetch a book instead of browsing the net if you feel so annoyed
    Last edited by deamothul; 05-26-2004 at 09:44 AM.

Oh in case you couldn't tell, that post I made was sarcasm in response to certain FlashKit people *cough* Ten Percenter *cough* Stephen Wake *cough* who have been on three or four threads downing the futurists style.

Originally posted by villain2
    Oh in case you couldn't tell, that post I made was sarcasm in response to certain FlashKit people *cough* Ten Percenter *cough* Stephen Wake *cough* who have been on three or four threads downing the futurists style.
    ok sorry villain2, i hadn't noticed that, my bad

villain2, you completely start to bore me with your smart*ss remarks.
    It's all about opinions and about respecting other peoples opinions.
    Something you got a little problem with I think.

My opinion:
    I see the futurist style as a trend (amongst designers).
    Contact any marketing firm in the world and none of them would consider futurist style as a great tool to sell, buy, promote products.

Don't get me wrong but there IS a market for that style.
    And that market covers like 5% of total businesses.

So my question, WHY does 65% of all sites covering the sale of cartires, toothpaste and wooden logs have to bade in a futurist interface.
    What does it add to the product except drowning it in useless, pointless details.

Companies as flashlevel, 2A have been proven to not have the best marketing tools available tho.

Now quit your childish act and start discussing why we SHOULD use the futuristic style in every f*ckin site on the net.
    Last edited by sense; 05-31-2004 at 06:59 AM.

Boy.....Jacob Nielsen almost had kittens then....

Tony

hey, I would like to do a site in the style of the Jetsons.

How's that for futuristic?

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Originally posted by gerbick
    hey, I would like to do a site in the style of the Jetsons.

How's that for futuristic?
    LMAO

Re: Anti-Futurist Style Consoritum

Originally posted by villain2
    ... an end to 90 degree angles ...
    So basically what you're suggesting is that everyone place a book under one side of their monitor?
    hello.

I think for decent discussion this thread is better of carried away from the coffee lounge.
    No offense wouter, XU1, gerbick.

Originally posted by XU1
    Boy.....Jacob Nielsen almost had kittens then....

Tony
    I thought the same thing
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

Originally posted by sense
    I think for decent discussion this thread is better of carried away from the coffee lounge.
    Away or to?

I could have sworn the CL was the grave-yard of intellagent conversation.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

Originally posted by sense
    It'll be more decent if you:
    • watched your language... FK is a g-rated site.
      learn how to discuss instead of maintaining this flame-fest between the two of you.
      grow up, or take it to e-mail. FK is not the place for these personal vendettas.
      above all, learn that not everybody will like your style, credo, or workmanship. the both of you.

This "discussion" wasn't a discussion to begin with. More like a puerile shouting match between two arguing children over something that has no merit, or place at Flashkit to begin with.

Like what you like, do what you do.

But notice... I'm not moving to censor you. Just making sure you remember the rules.

mmkay?

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.

Always Twirling Toward Freedom pooon's Avatar
    You know when you walk into a room and theres a couple people doing something really bizzare or there in the middle of a wierd conversation and you show up at the strangest part, then theres a lot of akward silence and staring until you leave the room, thats me right now.

*crickets*

Flaming, where d'you get that from?

Like I stated it's just about opinions. And two people with different opinions, that might have come to a decent discussion.

But obviously not here with the kiddies at FK.

Salut!