A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Spynn Simulation for PocketPC

Spynn Simulation for PocketPC

Thanks for all the interest in the Spynn Simulation

I have now managed to port this over to the PocketPC Flash player - so we're talking PocketPC 2002 machines with the Flash 6 Player.

Basically if you browse to the spynn site http://www.spynn.com on a pocketPC you can access the PPC Version of the site.

It was difficult to port as I had to drop all floating points and go to fixed point integer maths and use cos/sin integer lookups. It ran like a pig on a 200mhz ipaq with a straight port - which I was expecting, but it was worse than I thought it would be - a total slideshow even with optimized loops!

It runs ok now and should be great on the 400 mhz machines.

Consider this a Beta, as I may be able to optimise further and there may well be some bugs - oh, one point of interest was that on the PPC while loops seem to be a lot faster than for .. in?

Comments are most welcome.

Ihoss
    Great - Console hacked, I'm in business. Ok, I know you can see me - I've picked up your traces in space. Not sure if you're from the Academy, Dark Hour or who knows where, but you don't seem to know too much do you? I managed to hack into this portal - not sure what it is, all looks pretty old to me! It seems to record my messages though - so at worst case it's a nice diary for me.
    hmmm, seems like someone's messing with you

Ihoss,
    keep reading - it's part of the show