A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Sound across scenes

Sound across scenes

I have picked up the tutorial for sound across scenes (by Mr.B) but was wondering about during the scene testing process.

Normally when I create an animation, the sound layers are simple and within my scene, so testing will play the appropriate sounds.

As for this new animation of mine, I intend still to use scenes but to have a song play across all of the scenes.

So, what I would like to know is this, can I create scenes and then test in the normal way, ie hear the sound from 1 min 12 to 1 min 37 if the scene covers that part of the track ?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance

I'm not sure if I got yur question properly.
    In case you want to test a specific scene or a part of your movie, add a gotoAndPlay action at the very first frame of your movie.
    For example (in scene 1 frame 1 add the following code to see the scene 3 frame 1 and further):

gotoAndPlay("Scene 3", 1);
    dragonil

"Practice is the mother of learning"
    "Knowledge is meant to be spread, not to be kept in secret..."
    Ancient Greeks...

Aye

yeah I can do that.

But I want to know if there's a facility within flash so that if I wanted to test the alignment of the background sound against an animation within a particular scene.

ie, say I did an animation of lip synching in scene 4 and I wanted to test if the background sound did align up correctly. I would have to play the entire movie and then wait until it hit scene 4 until I found whether it worked or not.

Is there a way that you can test scene's individually, with the background sound still in alignment.

ie, if scene 4 started at about 1 min 12 secs into the background sound, would the "test scene" function in flash play the sound file from that point onwards ?

You can't sync a sound across scenes. If you want it to play across scenes, you need to load it to a level, but it won't sync with the scenes. To make it sync in any way, the song has to be on the same timeline as the animation, and set to Stream.

Better to build the whole movie in one scene, add a layer for the song, then set it to Stream, which will sync it with the whole timeline. You can't do that across scenes.

Ok

Cheers

That's the way I have done it in the past but thought that there may be a refined way of doing it.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.