A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: what about this layout?

what about this layout?

caution..two uncompressed pictures (850kb)

second pic displays content section open

http://www.24-7media.de/wl

simply awesome from a graphic point of view, another thing is how would that work as website .... however nice work, and very 24-7

do you just use PS for this?

heh, you're just posting this here to show off aren't you

the texture and form is lovely, how it will work as a site is impossible to say. There are no buttons, at least, no labelled ones, which i think is a big mistake on such a detailed layout it's vital that people know what they're clicking on and what to click on! I don't think this is the place for mystery meat nav.

only other visual question is about the bg on the left hand side. To me the right side looks appropriate but on the left, and this totally might just be me!, the markings visible of the bg image look like palm trees... like I said, might just be me, but if you added some text or stains or other elements that are visible on the right it would releive that feeling

another concern would be whether this is appropriate for the client, I'm trying to discern what kind of company weblogik is from this layout but I can't. The name makes them sound like an internet technology company, but this look is like some retro/alternative/victorian melange. It would be a great look for the 'league of extraordinary gentlemen' movie, or maybe a gaming site with retro war games, but I can't see this look being relevant to a marketing/consulting/technology company.

This aesthetic is going to be such a huge part of the site, there's nothign subtle about it and it's so totally dominant that if it has no baring or relevance to the company's own brand image then it might look good but it's going to fail the company.

just my two pfennigs.
    Last edited by aversion; 09-01-2003 at 07:27 AM.

very nicee - but i agree with aversion, about if it is sutable for that particular client or not.

i didn't want to seem like i was knocking it, it's a beautiful piece of work, and it might be entirely correct for the client.

one other thing I wanted to mention was the height. I'm looking at this with a res of 1400x1050 and I have to maximise the browser window to see the whole of the image, any less than that and it would scroll with one image.

cheers

oh and yes i think the left-hand-side background does look rather odd, not as good as the right parrt certainly.

nice.

very cool piece of work. I'm just curious as to what the picture in the glass dome looking thing is of?
    H A P P Y C L O W N
    T R E E

i dont know if u have seen it but theres a game called "Alice" and that and your site reminds me so much of it

if u make the image smaller (height) as AV says i think it will work fine

ps love the fly

bp

friggin awesome..use bottom one if u have a lot of text. how did you make it?