A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: .::the project::. is here. check this out!

.::the project::. is here. check this out!

hi guys!

as i said, this project is serious,

so i've advanced a little in the actionscript. Got this swf of a girl, you hit her (with the mouse) at different mouse speed, and three phrases come out, according to the speed:

- it tickles (when it's slow)
    - ouch it hurts (when it's a little faster)
    - son of a... (when it's very fast).

so I guess i found the basic secret of neostream little guy. The next thing to do, is character creation, animtation and all that, but actionscript is pretty much there.

I'm going to change the project name, i don't know it yet though.

Toony, I'm going to develop a site to put all the stuff i do for the project there, in artandanime.com, is it still possible?????

you got MySQL there? and PHP possibilities?

Anyway, the swf file is here for you to test it....I expect some comments.

[edit]oops, too late i found the original thread http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...hreadid=397948 sorry for making a new one, i just wasn't able to find the original one.[/edit]
    Last edited by argonauta; 01-24-2003 at 07:02 PM.
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

a new one:

the hit zone has been reduced to only the head.
    Has sounds.

I have to fix some bugs there....if you pass the mouse over the head really slow, the sounds plays over and over again. it shouldn't be like that.

Anyway, when i finish the project, i'll put the code as opensource.

Hope you like it.
    Sponsored by your mom.

Re: .::the project::. is here. check this out!

Originally posted by argonauta

Toony, I'm going to develop a site to put all the stuff i do for the project there, in artandanime.com, is it still possible?????

you got MySQL there? and PHP possibilities?

[/small][/edit]
    Looking good so far.

Some animation will look great maybe some follow the mouse like your smoking parrot or random facial expressions and movememnts, Megatoon posted a tutorial sometime ago heres the Link

The site is still there so when your ready just let me know, oh and yes it has MySQL and PHP no prob's.

Toony

project baptized

Hey, toony, I'm working on the site now. I'm chosing color schemes, and designing the main image and iconography. Right now I'm stuck at the logo.

The project has a name now: ./GRIMFEAT
    I was just looking for words in the dictionary and these one seemed cool enough: grim, feat.

The character I'm going to use, is a cat, the name ::FLAW::
    Well, guess what? it's a smoking cat (as a lot of my characters).

Here's a little model sheet for it.

Now, the features this cat will have are:
    -it will react to mouse movements:
    -will follow the mouse (like the smoking parrot), trying to catch him
    -will react to mouse hits (the scripts i'm working on right now), like the neostream guy.
    -random movement (when the mouse isn't playing with him)

Another script i want to improve is for the cigarette: it will be animated via actionscript.

So, seems i got a lot of work to do.

I haven't decided yet, whether i'm going to use a 3d program 2 animate FLAW, or if I'm going to do it frame by frame (either way it's going to be hard, but nice, as i don't have any experience in animating).

Again, toony, as soon as i finish the site (for project info and updates, and eventually downloads), i'll let you know.

And again, anyone is welcome, if someone wants to help. Everything will be opensource, but not yet. The project has to be stable and more developed befre i give the source away.

Well, that's all for now with ./GRIMFEAT
    Sponsored by your mom.

The Grimfeat project, catchy. Like the cat (flaw) its got that argonauta style.

I've attached a quick sketch, its was the 1st thing that popped into my head about the logo, Flaw lying on top of the words 'Grimfeat' smoking of cause. I can vision the text being some weird font.
    just thought of something else whilst typing...silly really...when you move the mouse over flaw he gets a shock...nah it' silly.

So it's going to be a cat & mouse story? seeing he's the cat and we are the mouse.

Anyway let me know if I can help

Toony
    Attached Images Attached Images

kinda cool idea, that of the logo and te one of the shock

it reminds me of something but i can't exactly remember what. If i remember, i'll let you know.

Yep, a mouse and a cat....i just realize that. It's like that bugs bunny cartoon, where he stays on the screen and the guy that draws him (which is really "Elmer") plays with him the whole time (makes his head smaller, paints long long long ears on him, etc....remember....that one is one of my fav bugs bunny cartoons.

Anyway, comin back to the project, i think i'll post more news at the end of this week. Gotta focus on a lot of things now.

Thank you toony, and i'll let you know.
    Sponsored by your mom.

just a little update:

i've been working on the site for grimfeat, but have been busy on other stuff too.

Finally i learnt java and now i'm writing a library from Java to generate swf files. So far i've been able to make an empty swf file (can specified the dimensions and the background color), so there's a lot that has to be done.

OK, i hop next time i post here, i can give better news.

Bye
    Sponsored by your mom.

Toony idea remind me Pink Panther

Have u ever see the Pink Panther? Well, i think at the end of the intro of the TV show, the Pink Panther is laid in the same position as Flaw. But anyways, i think is a cool one.

Let me know is u want some help with logo or site design. And, yo soy otro Sudamericano de Corazon!!!