A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Masking Issue

Masking Issue

Hi, I'm having one of those days... I've used Flash for a while now and done many a mask, but something is eluding me today - I must need more coffee or something.

Basically I made a mask, that is being displayed fine, and the masking is being displayed, within the movie, but when you select "test movie", suddenly it forgets what it was doing...

Can someone please explain why it's playing up like that? I'm sure it's something simple and I just need stronger coffee, but my brain is on hold.

(the attachment is for flashMX)

Thanks!
    Cerious.
    Attached Files Attached Files

At first I thought I was using an incorrect symbol-type, but I don't think that's it.

Test Movie Not Working

Cerious,

I'm experiencing the exact problem that you are. When I use a mask in my .fla file and click on Control>Play everything works great, but when I choose Control>Test Movie, it only displays either the background layer or the background layer and image layers - the mask does not show at all. I've only been playing with Flash for a couple of weeks and this is very frustrating! <g> If you find the solution, will you pleae share it with me?

Thanks,
    Kevin Reed
    kevin@eurhythmic.com