A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: +++ Flash Studio PRO 1.5 released - Major Update! +++

+++ Flash Studio PRO 1.5 released - Major Update! +++

Hi,

We're happy to announce that Flash Studio PRO 1.5 has been released and is available for download. Flash Studio is 100% FREE for personal use and now has the following additional features:

Print Variables
    Set DirectX resolutions!
    Check if File exists
    Enable Joystick Input (Make games with Joystick control!)
    Pack additional files into the Projector
    Extract Packed Files
    Set Mouse Position
    Show Custom Tips Window!
    Get favorites, startup and desktop folder paths
    Download HTTP and FTP files!
    Drag and Drop files into the Projector
    Run Applications in hidden windows
    Send email directly from the projector
    Add custom mask to the Projector using a BMP in runtime!
    Add sub masks during runtime!
    Punch "holes" in your projector during runtime!
    Browse a folder
    Insert Tray Icon Menu
    Make your projector Talk! (Win2000/XP)
    Set Volume and balance
    Insert Status bar
    Change Status bar text
    Run Custom Javascript or VB script! (Win2000/XP)
    Blowfish Encryption/Decryption!
    and More!

Download your copy from http://www.multidmedia.com

Flash Studio PRO registered users can update their copy from http://www.multidmedia.com/support

Please feel free to download sample projectors showcasing the new fscommands (including source files) from: http://www.multidmedia.com/fls/downloads

Also, we have recently launched our new Flash Studio Support Forum at http://www.mdmforum.com - its very bare at the moment but we're hoping it proves useful and that Flash Studio users find it a valuable resource.

For a complete list of Flash Studio PRO features, please visit our website!

Thanks and I hope you all enjoy it!
    Last edited by Gambini; 10-06-2002 at 03:10 PM.

Jace Masula
    Flash Studio Pro 1.5 is awesome, im currently working on a few download exmaples. I will be building a special area of my site for the apps I build using it with source and such.

seriously, if you wanna compile your swf's ... nothing beats FSP 1.5!

Senior Bumbler
    Can you explain some of these "new" features. The program's help feature doesn't work.

Print Variables
    Extract Packed Files
    Show Custom Tips Window!
    Punch "holes" in your projector during runtime!

Also is there anyway to reference, copy to temp or otherwise manipulate a file outside of the "packed" .exe. For example, I want have one text file that will vary from time to time. I'd rather exclude it from the .exe but still be able to reference the variables contained in it. Can get app folder do this?

Lastly, can one still use the shared object feature with FSP?

Thanks for your patience.
    Easy Popup Windows 3.0 (For MX) Easy Popup Windows 2.5.2 (For Flash 5)

Quit hassling with javascript popup windows. Basic, centered and fullscreen! Over 150,000 users.

Jace Masula
    when working with external files, all and any files can be manipulated outside the exe, if you pack them in with the exe, u just access them through a temp directory (for which you can grab the path for using a FSP fscommand.)

fscommand("flashstudio.tempdir","temppath");

Originally posted by wdglide
    Can you explain some of these "new" features.
    Sure!

Print Variables
    You can print the contents of any variable or input box within the projector. You have the option to bring up the printer dialogue box or not.

You can include any other files compiled directly into the executable file that is produced. This is useful if you want to make an installer for example.

Extract Packed Files
    Allows you to unpack the files in your executable (see above)

Show Custom Tips Window!
    You can make you rprojector have it's own "tip of the day" window with custome tips using just one fscommand.

Once enabled, you can drag any files into your projector and it will return the filename and path to any desired variable.

For example, you may wish to run a bat file without wanting the "ugly" dos box to show.

Instead of just launching outlook, the projector you create is it's own SMTP server which will send the email directly from the projector.

Punch "holes" in your projector during runtime
    This is a very special feature that allows you to create as many custom shaped holes in your projector using a bmp mask. These "holes" are transparent so it is like punching through your projector!

This is a very exciting feature for VB and Javascript developers. You can now make your own custom fscommands using jscript and vb script - there is a whole chapter on this in the Flash Studio PRO help files with examples and links.

I highly recommend youd ownload the sample files from http://www.multidmedia.com/fls/downloads as they contain sample projectors, correct syntax code, and source files in Flash 5 format.

I hope his helps to clear things up!
    Last edited by Gambini; 10-05-2002 at 06:51 PM.

Forgot to mention you can also do batch conversions. Just select a directory with multiple swf files in and you can convert them all at once!

Dare to Dream
    Excellent work as always! Thanks for the update, the joystick example is SWEET!

Jace Masula
    i know, ive been building an app to run my console arcade, and now i have to redo most of it to use the joystick for menu selections instead of the keyboard / mouse. but at least now i dont need a keyboard or a mouse.

Dare to Dream
    Flash Ninja, I just checked out your 3D and Flash Studio examples on your website. They're excellent! Do you plan to do any tutorials at all? Your database app is just fantastic.

Just uploaded a new Sample and Source file for DirectX and Joystick Control.

http://www.multidmedia.com/fls/downl...flashblast.zip

Enjoy

Master Poo Flinger
    if you guys could make the compiled application's basic information available, you'd have an automatic customer. a lot of custom projectors provide basic info EXCEPT compiled application's file name, its directory(not temp), dimensions and screen position. for an app to be dynamic/smart/secure, it should at least know things about itself. if you guys add command to get the app's info, i'll do back flips and beat my chest while praising the projector gods for allowing me to do this.
    monkeys rawk

Originally posted by tweekmonster
    A lot of custom projectors provide basic info EXCEPT compiled application's file name, its directory(not temp), dimensions and screen position.
    You can achieve 3 out of 4 of the above using a combination of Flash Studio FSCommands and Actionscript. For example, to get the current directory, use:

Code:
    fscommand("flashstudio.appdir", "appdir");
    This will return the current directory to the variable "appdir." To get the projector movie width and height, use:
    Code:
    mw = stage.width;
    mh = stage.height;
    You can use the Flash Studio position projector and get resolution command fscommands and a combination of the above to get the current projector x and y location on the desktop. Put this code on your first frame:
    Code:
    mw = stage.width;
    mh = stage.height;
    fscommand("flashstudio.getresolution", "resx,resy");
    and place this code 2 frames on (getresolution takes a second to retrieve the dimensions)
    Code:
    resx = Number(resx);
    resy = Number(resy);
    resx = resx/2;
    resy = resy/2;
    locx = Number(resx)-(mw/2);
    locy = Number(resy)-(mh/2);
    fscommand("flashstudio.position", "locx,locy");
    stop();
    This will center your projector on the desktop and you'll also have the current x and y location stored in the variables "locx" and "locy"

We're always improving Flash Studio and our next build will have even more fscommands of this type, but in themean time I hope this helps!

Jace Masula
    thanx dream, currently we are moving our servers, but when they are back up, i have some more examples im going to post. one of them is actually a companion for FSP that has all the commands and syntax at your fingertip for quick reference. u can search and sort then, and even modify the fscommand variables used before copying and pasting the script into your code.

as for the tutorials, ill write a few once i get good enough :P.
    thanx again.

Hey Gambini,

I think I love your product. =) What I need to be able to do is allow a user to save a .jpg file located in a directory on the CD that has the Flash projector to their local system. SO I'm assuming that the save/load file command would do the job, but it seems like you can only save text from the content field?? Is there another command to handle this?

Thanks!

Aaron
    Aaron Lee
    http://www.alee-design.com

Jace Masula
    use the copyfile command, not the save/load.

also, you can pack the images in the EXE and use the extract command to put them where u want... both of these will work

also*2 , visit the FSP forums for additional assistance http://mdmforum.com