A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: HELP SWfx dont work after installing Flash 5

Who knows the reason an how to fix?
    Send an email tio reschke@tausendwelt.de

I had the same problem. SWFX would load, but no effects we there...if thoses are the symtoms;

You need to go to Wildswfx.com and download their latest version. I believe 1.02 supports Flash 5.

Yes, SWfX 1.02 is fully Flash 5 compatible. If you do not know where to download the update, please email support@wildswfx.com.

Thanks!

r

[QUOTE]Originally posted by delwad
    [B]I had the same problem. SWFX would load, but no effects we there...if thoses are the symtoms;

You need to go to Wildswfx.com and download their latest version. I believe 1.02 supports Flash 5.

-------------------------------------------------------
    I'm not able to see anything on the import...
    I'm using flash 5.0 and the 1.02...
    HELP!!!!!

Thanks

Creator@creatorsway.com

[QUOTE]Originally posted by creatorsway
    Ok, creatorsway

It sounds like you are trying to import a Flash 4 effect. You can only import Flash 3 effects (non-highlighted buttons). If you want to use Flash 4 effects in a larger movie, you need to use the Load Movie command. This is because Macromedia Flash 4 can not import Flash 4 SWFs.

You can search this forum for "Load Movie" and read the FAQ at http://www.wildswfx.com for more information.

Thanks a lot!

r

DOI!
    I'm an idiot!
    I was wondering why some of the effects were highlighted...
    It all makes sense now.
    It's too bad I can't do a straight import on all the effects, but that's cool. you guys still ROCK!!!
    Thanks for helping me with my doi-ness.

the Creator

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RBlank_Wildform
    Originally posted by creatorsway
    Ok, creatorsway

It sounds like you are trying to import a Flash 4 effect. You can only import Flash 3 effects (non-highlighted buttons). If you want to use Flash 4 effects in a larger movie, you need to use the Load Movie command. This is because Macromedia Flash 4 can not import Flash 4 SWFs.

You can search this forum for "Load Movie" and read the FAQ at http://www.wildswfx.com for more information.

Thanks a lot!

r

Help!!!

i installed flash 5 so my swfx doesnt work anymore what can i do please....

Re: Help!!!

Originally posted by bebo
    i installed flash 5 so my swfx doesnt work anymore what can i do please....
    Did you read the posts on this thread, before posting your own? You should do this to avoid repeat questions.

Check the third post, from me: "SWfX 1.02 is fully Flash 5 compatible. If you do not know where to download the update, please email support@wildswfx.com."

Are you running SWfX 1, 1.02 or 1.02? 1.02 is the Flash 5 compatible version.

r

yeah sure i did... and i was waiting for the reply but no one answerd so i asked the same quesiton bcz that...
    i need to download itwhere can i find it.. no where till now.. so u have to repeat yourself to parctise :P

Bebo:

You did not get a reply because you you submitted a cracked serial number to our support staff, and our support staff does not spend time helping people who have not bothered to pay us for our time and effort.

Further, we are not going to tell a user of a cracked version of SWfX where to download the upgrade from.

I think it is simply outrageous that a thief would complain about the quality of service from the target of his crime.

As for pretender, I am not aware of your specific email query. If you are not using a valid version of SWfX, you will not be able to download the upgrade. If you are, then the support staff will reply quickly with whatever information you need.

Thank you,

r

..::Ouch::..

That Gotta Hurt*

Confess !!!!

Dear Mr. RBlank _Wildform,
    I would like to sincerely apologize for this misunderstanding. I have to confess that I did do so,
    but I also killed a man, raped a girl , and committed a murder. Hehehehehehe I am just kidding.
    I would like to apologize for what I have done and I would like to pay for this mistake, but I do not want any misunderstandings between us

Re: Confess !!!!

Originally posted by bebo
    Dear Mr. RBlank _Wildform,
    I would like to sincerely apologize for this misunderstanding. I have to confess that I did do so,
    but I also killed a man, raped a girl , and committed a murder. I would like to apologize for what I have done and I would like to pay for this mistake, but I do not want any misunderstandings between us
    Bebo:

I know that stealing a $20 piece of software is not a morally heinous crime. And this is why I said nothing about it, even though I have seen your posts, until you actually complained about our support service. (I know there are several people on this board who do not have licensed copies).

But at the same time, you should realize that we are not Macromedia or Adobe. We do not have revenues of $100 million annually. We do not have hundreds of employees to work on and support improving the product. Unlike the case with a large software company, when people steal our product, we do not make *any* money.

We are a small software development house that is trying to push the envelope on SWF technology. Have you ever seen a Windows app that used SWF for the complete interface? Have you ever seen a program that used SWF as a macro format? Have you ever seen an app with a complete SWF help file?

Further, let's not forget that this software is only $20 (the price of a movie for two)! We really tried to price this app so that everyone who wanted it could easily afford it, no problem. We are most certainly not trying to bilk our customers. This isn’t Bryce ($400), this isn’t 3D Studio ($2500), this isn’t Photoshop ($600), this isn’t Flash ($300), this isn’t Swift3D ($150); this isn’t even SWiSH, which costs 50% more than SWfX.

Every copy of SWfX that is stolen instead of purchased not only takes money away from us, but it also makes our development more difficult, and slows down the release of updates and new products (how many feature requests have there been on this board?).

This is why we take piracy (even of a $20 app) very seriously. I do not pretend to be able to squelch all SWfX crackers, but Wildform certainly has the right to make it more difficult for them to steal our product and take money directly out of our wallets.

If you are serious about rectifying your mistake, I sincerely look forward to seeing you join the list of licensed users. I certainly would like to see you continue to be a productive and positive member of this board and the SWfX community.

Thank you,

r