A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] What would you like to

What would everyone like in Flash 5 (that isn't already there)?

Personally, I would have liked a re-useable History Pallete like in Fireworks and Dreamweaver and possibly a preview window when browsing for a .swf file (or even a whole seperat image + swf Browser included).

I think a direct import for mp3's would be nice. Maybe not neccesary, but it would be nice.

In the future, maybe Macromedia could attempt to convert Flash into a 3D vector editing program. It'd make things a lot easier on us instead of going out and buying Swift 3D and Vecta and all those crazy programs. Gets annoying spending all of this money.

Anyway, later..

Senior Moderator ®
    FK´s Banning Machine ™
    Import of mp3´s are supprted .

Cant think of anything else right now
    "I like it alot"

I would love to see effect filters or support for effect filters.
    But hey, a least the finally put in dragable rule guides that's a huge plus IMHO!

Panda

Yeah...filter's would be awesome..

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith
    Nahh, Real Video support in the swf!!! QT support in the swf for the web. Give me real multimedia solutions!!!! VRML support in the swf!!! Metastream support and a whole host of other third party products. Just my thoughts. Regards, Bill

Matt if you read this please beg the Flash 6 team to get at least the real video bounding box in on the next full build. Thank

Senior Moderator ®
    FK´s Banning Machine ™
    Hehe

quicktime support!!!

Senior Moderator
    Macro's to save repeating those daunting,tedious tasks.

Hey FlashGuru That was my wishlist for Flash5 as well.
    I would like to go one step further with macros and..suggest that actions that are done on the timeline should be able to be recorderd in a macro...with the resulting code being generated in the actionscript viewer.

Tony

Originally posted by XU1
    Qt support, Director like transitions, built in effects, and and a.....

A "Switch to Flash 4 Mode"

Say guys, they changed the whole timeline environment ?!!

I used to do lots of Ctrl+Drag to copy frames and others quickies (I'm a real shortcut freak )

How do I do these things now??

Please help?!

e_site

How about that old chestnut, draggable masks? Seems like we've been asking for it since the dawn of creation, but they took no notice...

e_site -- have you tried changing behaviour of the timeline in the preferences (Edit:Preferences)? Also, you can set your own keyboard shortcut options (Edit:Keyboard Shortcuts).

Hi Stickman!

thanx for the tip, I'll have a look over there...

Say Stickman, I remember you from the time Flashzone was up What happened, man?? I remember David got into some trouble... but where's everybody?

I'll guess..... there right here at FK, isn't it!

e_site

Not sure what happened to FZ...David sorted out his beef with the people who took it over, but I think he got too busy with the stuff he's been doing for C-Net so hasn't been involved since. The home page hasn't been updated since May, I can only assume that the people who took it over have given up on it.

ShockFusion is still going but doesn't seem to be very busy -- I always thought that a Flash-based forum was a nice idea in theory but lousy in practice...it's a shame, it's a great piece of coding.

Well stickman,

Totally agree with the Shockfusion thing, it looked great but in the end it wasn't what i was supposed to be...Pitty for the people who did the job...

But hey! We got FK now and it's truly the best Flash resource ever!!

Good I met you again here, cause I was already forgotten that I had bookmarked your site. So keep up with your tuts and expect some "heavy traffic" the next weeks/months

CU soon!

e_site

Thanks, good to know somebody appreciates the site