A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] NEW swish movie - YOU WILL LOVE HER

1-I think some of you will apreciate the wave effect in the third part of the movie :

http://sauterelles.percussions.org

2-I think you will apreciate the movie just because there are some beautifull girl

3-I think some of you will dislike this movie just because there is 350 Ko to download but believe me, it worth it !

4-If you want to add some comment on those nice girl do not bother this forum, and do not be shy, just ask your question on our forum (http://www.percussions.org/forum)

5-If you need some info regarding some effect (mainly in the third part of the movie), just ask your question here, and if you need it i will share the swi (3.45 Mo with sounds)

I like the drum effect on the text

I do like the effect on the text when the drums kick in . . Nice one !!! Although, by the way your first post sounded - I half expected to see some nudity !!! But, still I wasn't disappointed . . .Nice Work !! Kudos

Peace
    Cadence
    http://home.columbus.rr.com/purified

thanks for your feedback Cadence... sorry abt the none nudity content

by the way, I was in a hurry when i made this movie for those girls, I will change tonight the preloader (i dislike it, and as user have to wait a while for 50 Ko, i think i have to find something more attractive...)

Please tell me either a) I'm hallucinating or b)How you did that.
    I clicked on your link, a second browser window was opened and then....it (the new window) shook / rattled / vibrated.
    You did that, right?
    Pretty neat

By the way, congratulations on your successful use of the world's oldest and most basic promotional marketing technique - the promise of beautiful women.

Keith
    http://www.remingtonpark2.com
    [Edited by keiths57 on 08-28-2000 at 08:31 AM]

well, girl and percussions.org are not for marketing (as long as we earn nothing to have new visitors on our site ;) ), but thanks for them...

regarding the shaker and the new windows (popup only if flash is detected), here is the JAVASCRIPT Code...

I Done nothing special, i just merge the original code from macromedia (the freeware one), and the shacker SCRIPT found on this forum - here is the result :

<HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <TITLE>P E R C U S S I O N S . O R G</TITLE>

<SCRIPT>

function earthquake(howhard) {
    var bShakeIt
    var sName = navigator.appName;
    var iVer = parseInt(navigator.appVersion);
    bShakeIt = false ;

if (sName = "Netscape" && iVer >= 4) {
    bShakeIt = true ;
    }
    else if (sName == "Microsoft Internet Explorer" && iVer > 2) {
    bShakeIt = true ;
    }

if (bShakeIt) {
    for (i = 0; i < howhard; i++) {
    for (z = 2; z > 0; z--) {
    self.moveBy(0,i);
    self.moveBy(i,0);
    self.moveBy(0,-i);
    self.moveBy(-i,0);
    } }
    for (i = howhard; i > 0; i--) {
    for (z = 2; z > 0; z--) {
    self.moveBy(0,i);
    self.moveBy(i,0);
    self.moveBy(0,-i);
    self.moveBy(-i,0);
    } }
    }
    }

</SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

<!--
    var win = null;
    function NewWindow(mypage,myname,w,h,scroll,resizable){
    LeftPosition = (screen.width) ? (screen.width-w)/2 : 0;
    TopPosition = (screen.height) ? (screen.height-h)/2 : 0;
    settings =
    'height='+h+',width='+w+',top='+TopPosition+',left ='+LeftPosition+',scrollbars='+scroll+',resizable' ;
    win = window.open(mypage,myname,settings)
    if(win.window.focus){win.window.focus();}
    }

<!-- use this comment tag to hide the enclosed code from old browsers.

//Look for a version of Internet Explorer that supports ActiveX (i.e., one that's
    //running on a platform other than Mac or Windows 3.1) or a browser that supports
    //the plugin property of the navigator object and that has Flash Player 2.0
    //installed.

if ((navigator.appName == "Microsoft Internet Explorer" &&
    navigator.appVersion.indexOf("Mac") == -1 &&
    navigator.appVersion.indexOf("3.1") == -1) ||

(navigator.plugins && navigator.plugins["Shockwave Flash"])
    || navigator.plugins["Shockwave Flash 2.0"]){

//Load a pre-defined HTML page with Flash Player in it into the browser window.
    // window.location='saraba.swf';
    earthquake(10);
    NewWindow('sauterelles.swf','TEST','640','480','no ','no');
    }
    else {
    //Load a pre-defined HTML page without Flash Player into the browser window.
    // nothing to display, so nothing to do
    earthquake(10);
    }

// Close the comment tag. -->
    </SCRIPT>

just a question for you keiths57, you said :

"the promise of beautiful women."

Do i have to understand you dislike them ?

No, I love beautiful women. I wasn't complaining about that, just congratulating you.
    Yes, the earthquake effect is nice, thanks for the code.
    I do have one situation here regarding your site, you may want to look into it:

Upon revisiting, I went to the Zanzibart area and the new .wav (world-type beat with bongos, congas, wood block and shaker) started. Then my browser crashed, but the .wav continued playing. Opened IE again, the .wav continued. Closed IE, opened Netscape - the .wav continued. Closed Netscape, Opened Windows Sound Recorder/player - wouldn't play sounds, the .wav continued.
    And the .wav still continues.
    Even went back to your site and immediately my browser crashed.
    And the .wav still continues.
    I'm now going to re-boot.

I realize the problem may not be entirely on your end, but my IE has never crashed so consistantly while visiting one particular site. I wish I could offer some assistance, but I have no idea.

The reason I went back to your site was to look for the correct pronounciation of the word 'Rai' - can you tell me? Will check back after I reboot.

Thanks,
    Keith

hu... Ie crash...

really sorry about ahat...

well whenever i do change something on percussions.org, I'm used to test first with IE5, fetr that i do try on an another computer with IE4, and finnaly, i have a laptop at the office with IE3 (in order to test the non detection of the flash plugin).

You can believe me i have been playing for a while with the menu, and i never get any trouble, except one time when i crash the whole computer because a drum fall down on the keyboard

and regarding the worrl "Rai" - i don't know how you should pronounciate it, as there is nothing in my dictionnary - (it's "rayee" in french)

Understood, all this computer/internet stuff is by no means an exact science and it is still a work in progress and probably always will be - ok, no big deal.

Am I using the correct word, 'Rai', when referring to the popular style of music? I'm a big Sting fan, and became familiar with Rai (?) through his latest CD, which features Cheb Mami, Ste among others. I am assuming one of those is the extra male singer on 'Desert Rose' - are you familiar?

I'll revisit your site again, as I am a bit of a drummer/percussionist myself and I think I'll find it interesting.

Thanks
    Keith

THIS POST IS A NONE SWISH RELATING -

regarding "Desert Rose" with Sting, this song is very popular in all west part of Europe.

I found a good idea for you to have the good prononciation of the world "Rai" : just pronounce it : like "rail" but slowly(from railway for exemple). I think it is the best way for me to learn you the pronounciation.

What i can do for you, i iwll record myself in the microphone, and upload a small mp3 on my server, and you will listen to my beautifull voice (kidding) to pronounce "Rai" !!

THIS POST IS A NONE SWISH RELATING -

regarding "Desert Rose" with Sting, this song is very popular in all west part of Europe.

I found a good idea for you to have the good prononciation of the world "Rai" : just pronounce it : like "rail" but slowly(from railway for exemple). I think it is the best way for me to learn you the pronounciation.

What i can do for you, i iwll record myself in the microphone, and upload a small mp3 on my server, and you will listen to my beautifull voice (kidding) to pronounce "Rai" !!

A bunch of women banging. You don't see THAT every day!
    -Bill

i changed the preloader And add a new loop, as I disliked the a lot the other one