A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] Vortexing...?

how can i render all the text on me scene to vortex from the same point with out making them all the same text object, using x,y,z?

Yep! But remember that the x-y-z is relative to the center of each text object. You need different x-y-z setting for each text object to make them vortex from the same point.

Cheers,

Hung-Hsin

I understand you need to use x y z but i dont understand how they function, relative to the text

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    hellrazor,
    from my understanding of 3d software, I would think that x=horizontal distance, y=vertical distance and z=distance from your x/y plane. z is like the zoom wheel on binoculars, moving you closer or further from your view (or image, or movie plane in this case)
    david p.
    Originally posted by hellrazor
    I understand you need to use x y z but i dont understand how they function, relative to the text

just like a camera.
    Maybe I should put some more, and if I make mistake then someone should correct me.
    Camera.
    Camera option is divided into 2 parts:
    The location of the camera.
    The point, at which camera is aiming(target).
    ________
    For both camera and target you have the coordinates. You use them to set either the camera location, or a point at which the camera is "looking"
    x=0,y=0 it's in this case not a top left corner of the movie screen, but a center of your object(start target) AND the original location of the camera(Start position).
    About "Z", I am not very sure, how it works. It seems like Z is the distance from camera to the object. Also, I am not sure ,why Z=250. Maybe it's a limiter???
    ________
    Now, imagine yourself, standing with a camera, in front of your object. The main thing to remember. YOU ARE WALKING AROUND THE OBJECT. On the screen the object will be moving around. But it's much easier to understand, how the camera works, if you think, that YOU are moving around the object.
    Let's use 3d spin for practice. Set "Rotate by 0 degrees" . Visible. Perspective projection.
    For both camera, and target, you have 3 positions. Through which your text will pass.
    If you are standing at the "start position", which is x=0,y=0(lets forget about Z for now), you point at the center of the object, and you want to "sidestep" 200 pxls to the right.
    You type 200 in the last(3rd row)of the camera. Play it. You should see the text rotated. You look at it at some angle, because you moved to the right.
    You want to "sidestep" to the left. Now, in the same window, type -200. You will see your object from the same angle but different side.

Lets say you want to film the object from the top. For that you would need to go "up" on Y axis.
    Type -200 in Y window. Play it. You should be looking at your object from the top, at some angle.
    Same, as if you want to look from under the object. Just type 200 in Y window. Your object turned, as if you were looking at it from under.
    _________
    There is also, an option of "middle point". You can use it, if you want your camera to go to a certain location, before it gets to a final one. Start>Middle>Final.
    Just remember. Y increasing down, decreasing up.
    X increasing right, decreasing left.

Hopefully, it will shine some light.