A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] Simple Solution for Ful

Hi - I've seen posts asking for a solution to make Swish export full screen loads of times... my solution is this:

Use Flash to make a one frame movie, and add actions:

FS Command ("fullscreen","true")
    Load Movie ("swish.swf",0)

...Export the Flash movie (which will go into fullscreen mode), and use it to load Swish over it - you can even use all of the sound options in Swish, without the recurring problems associated with importing into Flash.

If you don't have flash, please email me, and I'll send you the Flash swf file to do exactly the above.

I hope this is of some use to some people.

Kindest regards,

Mark Tait
    email: mark.tait@capgemini.co.uk

And if you don't have Flash?

Don't forget to Swish Daily;

Paul

you add better using simple HTML javascript to launch a full screen movie. Note that the script below is the one you Find in the Macromedia site but, i just modified the end of it, in order to ask the navigator to open a new window in full screen mode.

in your head tag copy that :

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
    <!-- use this comment tag to hide the enclosed code from old browsers.

//Look for a version of Internet Explorer that supports ActiveX (i.e., one that's
    //running on a platform other than Mac or Windows 3.1) or a browser that supports
    //the plugin property of the navigator object and that has Flash Player 2.0
    //installed.

if ((navigator.appName == "Microsoft Internet Explorer" &&
    navigator.appVersion.indexOf("Mac") == -1 &&
    navigator.appVersion.indexOf("3.1") == -1) ||

(navigator.plugins && navigator.plugins["Shockwave Flash"])
    || navigator.plugins["Shockwave Flash 2.0"]){

//Load a pre-defined HTML page with Flash Player in it into the browser window.

myUrl = "swish_or_flash_movie.swf";
    myTarget = "main_window";
    myArgs = "fullscreen=yes,type=fullWindow";
    window.open( myUrl, myTarget, myArgs );}
    }
    else {
    //Load a pre-defined HTML page without Flash Player into the browser window.
    window.location='no_flash_page.html';
    }

// Close the comment tag. -->
    </SCRIPT>

I guess Im lost

I did just as you said and it still didnt work. ~Jer~

Hi - Paul - my original posting said:

'If you don't have flash, please email me, and I'll send you the Flash swf file to do exactly the above'

- if you need it, let me know...

...and Webmaster, I agree with your solution too - just offering an alternative - it just suits my purposes, as I'm using a Flash intro anyway, and the rest of the presentation (with sound) is all individual Swish files. I've no need for my particular project, to launch a browser at all - unless I'm missing something (which is quite possible!)

Take care

Mark Tait

Thanks for the info peepz!

The big question is: does it work in all browsers (e.g. Netscape!)

I made a fullscreen Flash site for a Team Fortress Gaming Clan, but i had a ton of problems with Netscape, so i had to disable it, you now get a pop-up window if u use Netscape saying that the site cant be viewed, it was my only solution

Anyway if u want to view the site i made, its at:
    http://www.clan-ma.gamespage.com
    please watch the intro, it took me ages !!!!

Hi Jer - I just created a new Flash file, and dclicked the first frame, and added the actions above (FS Fullscreen, and Load Movie to Target 0), did it again just now, and it's definately working here - Toshiba 480CDT Laptop with Flash 4 and Swish 1.51 - I don't know how to add attachment source files here, but if you post your email I'd be more than happy to send you the .FLA and the .SWI player file.

Kindest regards,

Mark Tait

Thanks Mark

my Email is SurfeMan6@usa.net please send me the fla and I will check what you have done and see where I went astray. If I can get it to work I'll post the file here and give you all the cudos. ~Jer~

Now that looks like a very clean way of dealing with this problem. I'll look forward to trying it.

Thank you;

Paul

Originally posted by webmaster@percussions.org
    you add better using simple HTML javascript to launch a full screen movie. Note that the script below is the one you Find in the Macromedia site but, i just modified the end of it, in order to ask the navigator to open a new window in full screen mode.

it works nice for both IE 4.x Netscape > 4.7 but I never tested it on G3 (Mac).