A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] Issues with Flash 5 Player and Swish

Macromedia has released the final version of Flash 5 Player(5,0,30,0) After installing it, and testing with some swf made with Swish 1.51, I noticed there might be issues with the Flash 5 Player. Some swf which looks fine in the preview window of Swish might slow down in Flash 5 Player. It could be me, but I suggest you test your swfs with Flash 5 Player since it is now the default player that you install from Macromedia's website. DavidM, Hung-Hsin and Co, please test Swish and Flash 5 Player.

We'll certainly be testing the flash 5 player. However a flash 5 player slow down is likely to be a bug with the player rather than an issue with Swish.

The major reason for an apparent 'slowdown' is html syntax that has no playback rate set - or a different playback rate set. This is apparent both when importing to flash and playing in the browser. Swish defaults to 20 frames/sec - where as players and flash may often default to 12.

cheers

Jason
    -swish support