A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] goto new page after swish intro

I have put a swish file on my index.htm page. I want the program to go to another page after it has finished playing the swish file. How do I do this?
    I have a skip intro button on my index.htm page that takes the user when ever they wish to the home.htm page, but I want swish to go to the home.htm page automatically after it has played the swish file once.

Please help me out !!

Thanks,
    Mark

2 a new url

hi,

in your last scene ... select the scene name and in the last frame ... add action, go to url ... page2.htm

Me too..!

I'm Ok setting up yje link to a new page but I need to take it to a window that has a stipulated size...ie...like Javascript!! Any help??

SMURF

Doesn't seem to work, do matter URL I put in, http://www.swish.com is launched.

Also I don't want the user to have to do an action like press a mouse button. The program should move to the new URL byitself at the end of the swish movie.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.

mround,
    are you using one of the SWiSH demos as the basis of your project? If so, select your scene,click on the scene tab in SWiSH and you will see that a URL has been assigned to the scene, remove that and it will probably work for you (presuming you are using SWiSH demo, that is).
    re - where to put your action, click in the scene timeline in the frame you want this action to occur, and then click on the Action tab. Select 'Go to URL' and enter your URL and then select your target from the dropdown menu, 'blank' is a new browser window.
    david p.
    Originally posted by mround
    Doesn't seem to work, do matter URL I put in, http://www.swish.com is launched.

Also I don't want the user to have to do an action like press a mouse button. The program should move to the new URL byitself at the end of the swish movie.

This is easy

create a javascript code to open the new window with the stimulated size in the html file the swf is located on, then tell the last frame of the swf file to go to url..javascript command

problem solved

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    hellrazor,
    easy if you know how!!
    do you have an example that mround could follow?
    If so, help him (and a lot of other people) by posting the appropriate code. This has been a question that many forum members have asked.
    david p.
    Originally posted by hellrazor
    This is easy

create a javascript code to open the new window with the stimulated size in the html file the swf is located on, then tell the last frame of the swf file to go to url..javascript command

problem solved

Ok here goes the javascript:

<script language="JavaScript">
    function YOURNAME() {
    window.open('NAMEHERE.html','EANITHING','toolbar=( yes/no),location=(yes/no),directories=(yes/no),status=(yes/no),menubar=(yes/no),resizable=(yes/no),copyhistory=(yes/no),scrollbars=(yes/no),width=(xxx in pixels),height=(xxx in pixels)');
    }
    </script>

in the frame action go to url

javascript:YOURNAME()

questions reply back

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    hellrazor,
    thank you very much. I will give this a go myself and see what happens for me. If this works you'll be a hero here.
    once again, thank you.
    david p.
    Originally posted by hellrazor
    Ok here goes the javascript:

<script language="JavaScript">
    function YOURNAME() {
    window.open('NAMEHERE.html','EANITHING','toolbar=( yes/no),location=(yes/no),directories=(yes/no),status=(yes/no),menubar=(yes/no),resizable=(yes/no),copyhistory=(yes/no),scrollbars=(yes/no),width=(xxx in pixels),height=(xxx in pixels)');
    }
    </script>

in the frame action go to url

javascript:YOURNAME()

questions reply back

Acknowledged

Thanks for the response.

I understand the principle....but wouldn't have thought of it myself.
    CHEERS - I'll give it a go.