A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Resolved] Help?

I'm new to swish and I can't seem to crack these 2 problems.
    Here's what I've got http://plaza.powersurfr.com/bladesonline
    My first problem is how to get the white on the edges to be black. Probably something really simple I've overlooked.

My next one is a little bigger. What I'd like is that flash thing to do it's job and then disapear and have my main page apear where the flash was. Is that possible?

~~Jedi~~

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    jedi,
    first problem is easy -
    look at your html code and find the opening <body> tag, between the '<body' and the '>', insert this code - bgcolor="#000000" this will make your page black, and the code should look like this <body bgcolor="#000000" .
    I didn't have time to look at the other problem but will do so later if nobody else provides a solution.
    david p.

Cool, worked. thanks alot.

~~Jedi~~

Originally posted by david petley
    jedi,
    first problem is easy -
    look at your html code and find the opening <body> tag, between the '<body' and the '>', insert this code - bgcolor="#000000" this will make your page black, and the code should look like this <body bgcolor="#000000" .
    I didn't have time to look at the other problem but will do so later if nobody else provides a solution.
    david p.

Jedi,
    maybe you just need "goto URL" action, at the end of your movie. Just insert the URL of your main page, and when the movie will finish, it will take it to your main page.

I guess

that you altered your file?? All I saw was a vortex effect. ~Jer~

Ivan, is there any trick to making that goto url code happen right when the movie finishes rather then during?

~~Jedi~~

Originally posted by Ivanopulo
    Jedi,
    maybe you just need "goto URL" action, at the end of your movie. Just insert the URL of your main page, and when the movie will finish, it will take it to your main page.

Jedi,
    mmm...yes. You find the very last frame, of the last effect, and place action "goto URL".

Re: I guess

Jer,
    The vortex is just the first part. I plan to either have it as a quick introduction and then zip to a main page, or to have some button's fly in under the main welcome. I'd really like the second one, but I'll have to pickup frontpage sometime this week and see what I can do.

~~Jedi~~

Originally posted by Jerry T
    that you altered your file?? All I saw was a vortex effect. ~Jer~