A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] Buttons with MouseOver and play mo

Hello again folks.

I know I have asked this before but the Swish Masters may have been in meditation, so I'll ask again...

Does anyone know if Swish can make a mouse roll over button for Play, Stop, etc, AND have a Movie playing? I can make mouseovers like the tutorials say by using the goto frame function but obviously this also makes the movie stop!

This is for my portfolio at http://members.optusnet.com.au/~robe...portfolio.html

I can do it in LiveMotion (beta).

Cheers.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.

I'm a bit confused

Robert,
    It seems like all you need to do, rather than use the 'gotoframe' action, is to apply an 'onrollover' event to your button and then a 'play' or 'stop' action depending on what you want the button to do.
    or am I still missing your drift??
    david p.

Originally posted by RobertE
    Hello again folks.

I know I have asked this before but the Swish Masters may have been in meditation, so I'll ask again...

Does anyone know if Swish can make a mouse roll over button for Play, Stop, etc, AND have a Movie playing? I can make mouseovers like the tutorials say by using the goto frame function but obviously this also makes the movie stop!

This is for my portfolio at http://members.optusnet.com.au/~robe...portfolio.html

I can do it in LiveMotion (beta).

Cheers.

If I understand you correctly

then do what David suggested. I would add that this has been covered bunches and a look though of past posts should give you an example swi that you can download. If your wanting something special just post a url to a similar effect so I can better understand. ~Jer~

Sorry people. My question is a little vague.

I am trying to make the Play & Stop buttons react to a MouseOver similar to javascipt swapping images. The buttons at the top of my site use javascript and I'm trying to do a similar effect on the Play & Stop buttons.

Thanks.
    [Edited by RobertE on 08-18-2000 at 10:16 PM]

maybe this ?

Dear Robert,
    I am another Swisher from Sydney (Alexandria) too !
    Check out http://www.velani.com.au/velani.html

You will find some rollovers, which do 'things' when you move on top of them with the mouse....

Let me know if that''s what you are after...it took me a while to 'understand' how it works at first but...it works !
    I'll be glad to explain if you still can't work it out after downloading the SWI file...

My direct e-mail is fsweb@one.net.au

ciao

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    Robert,
    OK. at the moment as far as I can work out you can't do that. In version 2 such button functions will be possible.
    If it was a static thing like a menu only, then the gotoframe thingy would work for you (lots of examples of this in the forum and elsewhere), but swish operates on a timeline (as you know) so if you want your movie to be carrying on playing then you obviously can't jump to a frame where your mouseover object resides (as you said at the beginning).
    If anybody could actually work out a way to do this, it would be a bonus.
    sorry I can't be of more help.
    david p.

Sorry people. My question is a little vague.

I am trying to make the Play & Stop buttons react to a MouseOver similar to javascipt swapping images.

Thanks.

Thanks David, that's what I thought. I just needed an experienced person to confirm it. I'm now trying a workaround with load movie form a separate swi file. Otherwise Swish 2 isn't far off!

BTW fsweb I thought the site was beautiful.

Cheers.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    Robert,
    if your workaround is a success, can you please let us know.
    david p.
    Thanks David, that's what I thought. I just needed an experienced person to confirm it. I'm now trying a workaround with load movie form a separate swi file. Otherwise Swish 2 isn't far off!

BTW fsweb I thought the site was beautiful.

Cheers.

I think I've solved your problem. Go to this thread and check out the new swi. Tell me if it helps.

http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...threadid=14804

Thankyou!

Thanks a lot velez,

That's exactly what I need. Your're a champ. I must admit I visited your tutorials before but must have missed that one.

Thanks again.

fsweb and RobertE,
    since you are also, from Australia, I have a question for you. It's totally off-topic. I just don't feel like asking it at "coffee
    lounge".
    Have you ever come across the Australian made cartoon "Around the World in 80 days". It's at least 15 years old, and it's lasts for many hours. I look all over the Net, but can not find it. All I find is the movie.

Thanks in advance.