A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] Transparency

Fairly new to Flash, brand new to Swish.

I spent many hours in Flash trying to put together my first movie. It works and looks ok, but frankly, text that is just fading in, moving, and fading out looks a little boring.
    I had messed with Swish months ago for a few hours and I thought maybe I could do something a little snazzier if I re-did the text effects in Swish.

Now, what if I want the text effects from Swish to play on top of the backgrouds and stuff I have already done in Flash? Is there a way to make Swish do all of its stuff on a transparent background while in Swish, so that when imported into Flash it plays over the existing background?? If so, I can't find it.

If I understand you correctly

this is pretty straight forward stuff. You need only to create a new layer in flash and then import your swi converted to swf within swish into the flash movie layer. Once in flash the key frames will not be editable so in order to do this well you need to know pretty much what effect you want and how long you want it to appear before your next effect takes place. I have imported several swish/converted to swf files into the same flash movie several times. ~Jer~

Trans

First of all, I didn't know you couldn't edit the imported Swish file once it was imported into Flash. Good thing you said so because I had planned on doing that. I have some major sound/text action synch that I need to do.

Anyway, what I was saying is that if you make a Swish movie with a white background and import it into a Flash movie with a black background, then when I get to the point where the Swish portion plays it will be white background, correct? Haven't tried it yet, but that what I figure. So I was wondering if I could create the Swish with a transparent background, import it and see the Swish text on the Flash background. Explained better?

PS... your site scared the crap out of me I had my speakers turned up loud for a project and while your site was loading I minimized it. The music came from nowhere and blasted me. About had a heart attack.

Re: Trans

Originally posted by Laporbo

Anyway, what I was saying is that if you make a Swish movie with a white background and import it into a Flash movie with a black background, then when I get to the point where the Swish portion plays it will be white background, correct? Haven't tried it yet, but that what I figure. So I was wondering if I could create the Swish with a transparent background, import it and see the Swish text on the Flash background.
    Wrong. It will be transparent in Flash. Then you just need to decide where in the layer order you want to place it.

Trans

Looks like you are right. A quick import shows that it is transparent.

So, now my question is what purpose does the background color selector in Swish have if it imports to Flash transparently?

Bg color in swish

Although it is true that when incorporated into an existing flash file the inport is transparent or rather the bg color of the original flash becomes the default color. If you export your swish movie as a swf file entirely within swish you will need to set the bg so that it matches your bg on your website. If Im not explaining it well enough I'll give it another shot. lol. ~Jer~

From what I understand about your question..

What I think he means is what good is the background color chooser. The background color chooser shows you the background color in the preview windows, and exports the correct color code in the HTML code that gets generated by Swish. However, the SWF file does NOT contain background color information. It also does not contain whether or not the Flash should be transparent or opaque, or the running size of the Flash. All of those are in the <OBJECT> or <EMBED> properties of the object placed on your web page.

SWF files also do not contain tween information, which is why when you import a SWF file into Flash, every frame is a keyframe, etc...

Rich

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.

Re: From what I understand about your question..

rich,
    are you sure about this?
    when I use a standalone flash player to play my swf, the b/ground colour I selected is the b/ground colour of my movie, this tells me that the colour info is stored in swf whether you export to HTML or not. So it would seem that this is only a concern when (and if) you import into Flash.
    david p.
    Originally posted by rgautier
    What I think he means is what good is the background color chooser. The background color chooser shows you the background color in the preview windows, and exports the correct color code in the HTML code that gets generated by Swish. However, the SWF file does NOT contain background color information. It also does not contain whether or not the Flash should be transparent or opaque, or the running size of the Flash. All of those are in the <OBJECT> or <EMBED> properties of the object placed on your web page.

SWF files also do not contain tween information, which is why when you import a SWF file into Flash, every frame is a keyframe, etc...

Rich

<OBJECT classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
    codebase="http://active.macromedia.com/flash2/cabs/swflash.cab#version=4,0,0,0"
    ID=pedmenue WIDTH=493 HEIGHT=318>
    <PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="test.swf">
    <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high>
    <PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=#000000>
    <EMBED src="test.swf" quality=high bgcolor=#000000
    WIDTH=493 HEIGHT=318 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash"
    PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash">
    </EMBED>
    </OBJECT>

This is the HTML for one of the movies that I have desinged if you notive the one line
    you can change the bg color here the SWiSH movies are allready transperent they just play them over whatever color is in this line, if you import the movie into flash you will also see that it is transperent

damn smiles just ignore that it was supost to be part of the HTML but the form felt like adding a face into it

Re: From what I understand about your question..

Originally posted by rgautier

Rich
    That is what I say I have desided to change background in my movies to only have to change the hex number in the
    line of the HTML and not have to so anything in SWiSH