A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Resolved] Perl/CGI expert needed for somethin...

does anyone know how to properly setup CGI/Perl scripts on a server with a CGI-BIN? why i am asking is because i am trying to make my free, unlimited webspace account with Surecity.com a free web hosting solution for SWF files...like an online storage repository for your SWF and SWI files. if anyone would like to help me accomplish this, they will be given like 50 megs of SWF, SWI storage!

what kind of script?

I do know that .cgi files can go in any directory...
    .pl files HAVE to be in your cgi/bin & if your permissions are'nt set right eg. 755, 777 you are screwed! hehehe!

well...it's the entire web hosting script...it allows people to setup their own little accounts...i dunno how to set that kind of stuff... wanna help moi out?

aww come on!

aww come on i know someone wants to help me out!

Sure!...NEXT WEEK!...hehehe!
    Is there a read me file?...the file permission settings are the tricky part for me!...the only experience I have is with the forums on SWiSHtips...
    setting up the directories & files is easy!...but if they dont spell it out for you in the read me as far as permissions are concerned...I'm lost
    some servers or hosts won't allow 777 settings I guess?
    & while most files call for 755 some call for 777 & I'm lost right then & there!
    I need to learn this though!...its not as hard as I had imagined!...let me know!...ziggy

hey ziggy...the hosting script requires a 755 setting...i dunno anything about setting CGI up except i have made 2 scripts through tutorials. (never even executed them lol) i dunno how to get the stuff to work. do you have AIM or MSN messenger?

GOT MILK! & ICQ...hehehe!

damn lol, i left ICQ on my other computer, we'll deal with it tommorrow

pretender,

it's simple to do, and we certainly don't need the space.

tomorrow, email me offline (you should still have my address from the other day) and i can tell you what you need to do--or do it for you in a matter of minutes.

mindfix

?

don't need the space? i dun quite understand. i can email you...i'll see what i can figure out by dinking with the script.