A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Resolved] counter facility

Does anyone know of a way of doing a logical branch on achieving a count (up or down)? Flash can of course do this using its built in script language, can Swish 1.51 offer anything at all similar? (I know there are techniques associated with monitoring (counting) loaded frames but this is not what I'm looking for.)

i don't quite understand exactly what you're looking for... how about an example?

P.S. to get your footer (signature) to work, look at mine.

pr0mpt
    do you by any chance mean a counter, who counts all the people visiting your site?

i dont know if thats possible, maybe with some actionscript or something, but im not quite [yet] familiar with that

counter

Sorry it wasn't too clear. What I mean is some way of counting iterations through a section of swish frames. Like go to frame 10 from frame 20 but only do it 5 times then go soewhere else.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.

Re: counter

geo,
    I'm pretty sure that this is not possible in SWiSH (yet) but I may be wrong. One of the reasons that SWiSH works so easily is that all the options are limited, pre-set effects and limited actionscripting.
    Flash is still the tool for more complex scripting. Maybe somebody could try scripting in Flash and then cutting and pasting the script into swish, might work, might not, I'm not a flasher so don't know.
    david p.
    Originally posted by geo
    Sorry it wasn't too clear. What I mean is some way of counting iterations through a section of swish frames. Like go to frame 10 from frame 20 but only do it 5 times then go soewhere else.