A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] Preloader and Swish ?

I would like to know if like Flash 4 , it's possible to realise a loader with an information on the status loading.

Like for exemple : 1 % when loading start, 50 % at the half of downloading, And 100 % when completed.

Sorry for my bad english, I'm trying to do my best

you can do this, I have sugested it somehow be intregrated into the next version of SWiSH but anyway you just have a if frame loaded tag check to see if half of the movie is loaded ex.if you have a 5 scene movie have it check to see if somewhere in the 2nd scene is loaded then if so it can then display 50% after the compleat movie is loaded have it display 100%, I know it sounds like a lot of trubble so I sugest going from 0% to 25%, 50% and 100%, they wont be totally accuret because you have to take into accound the filesize of each effect but it basicly tells you how much is loaded and of course you can also make a graphic instead of the %.

that's an Excellent idea Snbowman, and i do thanks you very much...

whow... this Swish is a really powerfull tool

no problem, anytime

pr0mpt
    hey i think Almark made a preloader like this
    If your interested, i'll send it to ya..

and if it wasnt almark
    i appologize towards the original maker of the preloader

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    prOmpt,
    it might have been purge if my memory serves me well.
    david p.
    Originally posted by pr0mpt
    hey i think Almark made a preloader like this
    If your interested, i'll send it to ya..

and if it wasnt almark
    i appologize towards the original maker of the preloader

pr0mpt
    woops sorry!

ehhm...wasnt the 4preloader.swi by Almark?

if it wasnt, i sincerly appologize!!

i would be interested in... you can mail me whatever you want to cmorelle@voila.fr but not more than 500 Ko

thanks anyway

pr0mpt
    got a small problem
    its way! too big to send by mail
    i think its available at http://swishtips.com

name :4preloader.swi

hope this helps...cuz its 2.867 megs, so i cant send it through mail

sorry!

Maybe I'm wrong here...and someone please correct me if I am, but I don't think you can lpreload all of the elemnts of a movie. Only graphics and music. This is why I use a timed graphic for a preloader. It runs long enough for the entire movie to load, but has no real connection with the actual loading time.

http://www.jaycharles.homestead.com

pr0mpt
    you're quite right, but like yours, this example comes quite close to being precise!

unfortunately i cant send it, cuz of the big filesize

sorry!

I think you can preload animations not only music and graphics I had a move for my page With no music or graphics and it was "Jumpy" I added a preloader and it now runs smothy (the first time then it is stored in browsers memory)

I may be wrong but it just dosent seem the way you say.

How to get a preloader?

I'm new to Swish, but checked out the Swish demos page and
    realized I need SOME kind of "Preloader"...but am clueless
    as to where to get it...and is there some kind of magical
    code needed to use it???

THANK YOU!!!

The preloader is a action tag that checks to see if a cirtan frame is loaded("if frame loaded"), Ex: The last frame of the movie for a simple preloader, then if it is it will act as a goto frame and move to the next scene (the first scene is usually the preloader scene) if not it does nothing runs untill it hits a goto tag that you insers somewhere after the if frame loaded tag and loops back to a frame befor teh "if frame loaded" tag basicly you make a constent loop that contains the "if fram loaded" tag if the movie is not loaded it does nothing if it is it moves to the next part of the movie

But, what happens if you reload the page. Do you get the timed graphic again? Also, how can you predict how long it will take something to download?

Originally posted by monkeypants
    Maybe I'm wrong here...and someone please correct me if I am, but I don't think you can lpreload all of the elemnts of a movie. Only graphics and music. This is why I use a timed graphic for a preloader. It runs long enough for the entire movie to load, but has no real connection with the actual loading time.

Well, thanks for the info, but I am still stuck clueless
    about what kind of "tag", where to get additional info,
    or some kind of 'step-by-step' procedure for implementing
    this. I'll assume that the 'preloader' is for use in
    Flash after importing the Swish file into it :-)

There must be *some* webpage or file somewhere that can
    take a non-guru like myself through implementation?

Tnx.

Originally posted by belverus
    But, what happens if you reload the page. Do you get the timed graphic again? Also, how can you predict how long it will take something to download?

Originally posted by monkeypants

Originally, I had a problem with the preload sequence running each time you hit the site. I have a correction for it, but for some reason it doesn't work in Netscape (one of the many reasons I hate...loathe...netscape. I used an "if frame loaded" command at the first frame of the preload sequence. It looks for the last frame in the .swf, and if it's loaded, the goto is to the first frame of my "main menu" scene. I posted a thread earlier about the netscape conflict. Any Ideas?

download the same (percent done) preloader without the internal files at:

http://www.hypergalaxy.net/swish/4preloader.swi

it is not my creation, but it's 6k d/l is available for you.

mf

Thats why you make the timed graphic seam like part of the movie

Swish Preloading

When you reload the page the file is already in the browser's memory so it's instantly there. However the next time you come back unless they use a cookie you probably will have to see it again. Also they could provide a skip button.

To show the progress they're saying that if you have 5 scenes then you can tell it to display 20% after scene 1 loads, 40% after scene 2, 60% after 3, etc...

P.S. SWISH IS AWESOME! I use it more than flash!