A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] different strobe effect

previously i learned "strobe" by using a round ding-bat font and blowing it up to a large percentage, then turning it off and on at different intervals.

i found another way which is to create a single-color gif and center it and then use the blur command and set it to:

Number of frames = 2
    Visible
    Blur Mode = Zoom
    Direction = Horizontal
    Blur Amount = 0
    Scale Factor =0

this method does not change the size of the file any, it makes cutting and pasting the one command a lot less tedious than cutting and pasting 100 commands (at least until the 2.0 version where it is said you can cut-n-paste blocks).

a sample is at:

http://www.hypergalaxy.net/swish

mindfix

pr0mpt
    thanks for sharing those tips!

they seem very easy effects, but you still have to figure out how they work!

thanks!

actually, it wasn't until later (tiredness) that i realized that this same effect could be applied to the expanded dingbat font as well as the gif. i was just looking for a way to save time versus the menial task of cutting and pasting which will stand, for me, as the greatest improvement in future versions--that is, the ability to grab chunks of keyframes and copy or cut-n-paste.

MF

Alright!...Mindfix

Good job!...works great!...I've got a feeling that it is easier on your browser also...as the show/hide method has crashed my browser before!
    P.S. Do you mind if I post it on SWiSHtips under specialFX
    It looks like a lot simpler & better method to me!...let me know!...ziggy

ziggy,

by all means, post whatever you like. again, i'm just learning, all the time. right now, what i've been doing is just tweaking the hell out of every option just to see what it will do. i'll post more as we go along.

MF

good deal!

Thats how I usually come up with cool stuff too!
    just playing & exploring!...thanx, ziggy