A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] why are images blurry

When I import gifs and jpgs into swish, they seem a bit blurry and at times appear to have a small double edged halo or mirror spot along the bottom. What can I do? I can't seem to edit jpeg quality levels or anything!

That problem is not normal, importing into Swish is perfect normally.
    Can you show us an example ?, maybe with the original JPG & SWF online?
    We can take a look and see what's going on.

-Richard

If you try to enlarge your image in Swish it will become blurry. I suggest you increase the height and width of your image in an image editing software and save the new image. (Make the image larger.)

Go to Swish with new image> Insert Show effect> Click on Show effect (Effect Transform will pop up)> Scale factor to 50% or the size you want the user to see first> 5 frames down insert Transform effect> Click on Transform effect and Scale factor to 100%. If you scale over 100% the image will start losing its sharpness. Once you understand this concept you will be able to make all your images look good with any effect you use.

Go to this thread and click on the link. There is an Image Tutorial (movie) that will show you an example of what happens when you scale over 100%.
    http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...threadid=14804

another problem that can make your images blured is if thay are at a very low quality befor you even import them into a swish movie if you are using photoshop open the original .PSD file and save it into .JPG format at about 4 or 5 on the scale 0 being very low and 10 being very hight I try to range between 4 and 7 depending on the image