A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: @@@ First version of Swish with Images @@@

You should uninstall any version of Swish 1.5 before you install this version.

http://swishzone.com/SetupSwish15rc4.exe

How does it work?
    - Add an image using Modify->Insert Image or click the picture icon on the toolbar.
    - Only "simple" effects can be applied to images. That is, effects above the separator line on the Add Effect menu.
    - When you click on a Text object the Image tab is grayed-out.
    - When you click on an Image object the Text tab is grayed-out.

Things to be done:
    - Replace the Text/Image tabs with a single tab.

Bugs:
    - There appears to be a bug in the Flash Player that causes certain images to "jump" when the image changes from 99% opaque to 100% opaque. It is evident in the standalone player as well, but behaves slightly differently. I might be able to come up with a fix, but don't count on it.

Cheers, David.

[Edited by David Michie on 07-23-2000 at 08:00 PM]

OMG I pissed myself

SWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTT TTT

Thankyou master

D/L it now .... oooh can't wait.......

Cheers David/Hung-Hsin fantastic groundwork,

you need to add width and height boxes under the x, y, boxes to give the ability to set the start size without actually having to do this as a transformation,

also a fit to page (maybe with a maintain aspect ratio checkbox) as well,

I am sure that you already intend this sort of thing but haven't had nearly enough time to do it (do you sleep) and the simple effects are plenty to go at, in fact there aren't many of the complex effects that could be done (or are useful) or that can't be done already using transformations,

Thanks again

And also a way to replace the image if you get half way through and decide to alter the image in Photoshop and then want to reload it or load a totaly different image.

Complex effects by definition apply to groups of objects (e.g. letters in a word). Simple effects apply to a single object like an image.

When Swish supports grouping of objects, you'll be able to apply complex effects to groups of images. Not yet though.

Fit to page and width/height would be nice, but I am exhausted. The point of this excercise was to say: Swish does images at the FlashForward show.

Cheers, David.

Good Work, David

I have been following the progress of Swish for some time now ...but time has prevented me from having a good play with it. Although I must have been one of the first to purchase it!!

Well,thats what I intend to do this weekend.
    I just hope that If I uninstall the old vers and install this new one I won't run into problems with it asking for a new key etc, etc

David I know how exhausted you must be and I hope the suggestions/comments didn't come across as complaining,
    they were just to get the input back as soon as possible

I think that Swish with Image transitions will go down well at the show, it is such a huge leap in expectations to get Images before version 2.0

I really cannot tell you how much I (and the rest of the community will be when they wake up) am impressed,

images make the use of Swish as a full webtool a bit more realistic,

Respect.

When you export as SWF it asks if you want to overwrite, but if you publish it doesn't

Are you sure ?

Are you sure that the problem isn't cache ?

I thought this was a problem aswell earlier just to find out shortly after that all I had to do was clear my browser cache.

Try it and let me know man.
    Good Luck

"May the swish be wish you son"
    -Me

Originally posted by Mark_UK
    When you export as SWF it asks if you want to overwrite, but if you publish it doesn't

yes, usually the old flash is still in your cache and it is played instead of a new one

I am talking about from inside Swish when you save or publish the file to H/D nothing to do with the browser.

Something to work on.

First off, this kicks some Royal Butt w/cheese! Sweet!
    Second, have a great time at the show, you WILL be the talk of the town, in fact, you already are!

Now some technical aspects to help with ease of use.

1. When I click the text tab to edit the text, it should all be selected [highlighted] so that when I copy a piece of text to the timeline, to reuse an effect, I can just type in the new text without going in and highlighting it first. This is small but on large projects it cuts down on mouse strokes.
    2. The effects should have hot keys [s] for show, [h] for hide, [e] for explode. This way I can select a square of timeline with the right hand and show with the left. This ease is why Adobe products are so popular, with two hands you can really grind out graphics.
    3. Swapping a gif in the middle of work. Like you can edit text, would be sweet too.

Let me end by saying, I am going to purchase your product real quick (I beta testing this graphics version .5?) and that I applaud your efforts to make usable software at a reasonable price.

This will be as popular to flash and KPT's are to Photoshop!

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.

Re: Something to work on.

jay,
    re your points -
    1) I think that this already happens, just tested it by copying a text object, pasting it in scene and opening text tab to edit - result - highlighted text ready to type over
    have I missed your drift??
    2)if you use your right mouse button when you click on a frame in the timeline, all the effects are available to you with the use of one hand, even better than the two handed approach you describe.
    david p.

Originally pos.ted by jayjmcgh
    [B
    Now some technical aspects to help with ease of use.

1. When I click the text tab to edit the text, it should all be selected [highlighted] so that when I copy a piece of text to the timeline, to reuse an effect, I can just type in the new text without going in and highlighting it first. This is small but on large projects it cuts down on mouse strokes.
    2. The effects should have hot keys [s] for show, [h] for hide, [e] for explode. This way I can select a square of timeline with the right hand and show with the left. This ease is why Adobe products are so popular, with two hands you can really grind out graphics.
    3. Swapping a gif in the middle of work. Like you can edit text, would be sweet too.

Let me end by saying, I am going to purchase your product real quick (I beta testing this graphics version .5?) and that I applaud your efforts to make usable software at a reasonable price.

This will be as popular to flash and KPT's are to Photoshop!
    [/B]

Hubba Hubba!

72% Downloaded...I can't wait!!!

Den

Re: Re: Something to work on.

Originally posted by david petley
    jay,
    re your points -
    1) I think that this already happens, just tested it by copying a text object, pasting it in scene and opening text tab to edit - result - highlighted text ready to type over
    have I missed your drift??
    2)if you use your right mouse button when you click on a frame in the timeline, all the effects are available to you with the use of one hand, even better than the two handed approach you describe.
    david p.
    Ok, the 1st one was moot, I was using an older version. Now you were saying on point #2 that a mouse menu is best.
    But when you click you have to move the mouse up to get to the show tag. Now I have to move down to get back to the point on the time line and drag it where I want it (I have A.D.D. and like to make a lot of changes to things on the fly)... This is why I use Adobe for everything, they allow me to use a faster two handed approach.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.

Re: Re: Re: Something to work on.

Ok, the 1st one was moot, I was using an older version. Now you were saying on point #2 that a mouse menu is best.
    But when you click you have to move the mouse up to get to the show tag. Now I have to move down to get back to the point on the time line and drag it where I want it (I have A.D.D. and like to make a lot of changes to things on the fly)... This is why I use Adobe for everything, they allow me to use a faster two handed approach.
    jay,
    I wasn't saying a mouse menu was best...
    I think I've not made myself clear so I'll try again
    if you enter new text or (paste copied text) and then right-click in any frame of the new text object timeline (admittedly you have to click the timeline tab first), a drop down menu of effects appears, if you slip down and point at your chosen effect and then release your finger, it places the effect in the new text object's timeline in the frame you right-clicked in - no dragging any where, it appears in the frame you indicated with your right click.
    I agree that keyboard shortcuts would be good, but hey, right-click shortcuts can help
    david p.