A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: jwin vs. daVulf vs. nepzap2 :: Battle of a million scan lines

I gotcha. Makes sense I suppose. I will have to do that the next time I need to make some shadows.

Thanks for the comments everyone. Where was this in March Madness, gerbs? Well, this wasn't born yet... Only recently have people such as Rush been giving me the proper insight into my images so that I can make things like that.

Nep, it looks like you're up, let's see what you can do with the photorealism and some scanlines.

If anyone wanted to see a larger view of the city, here is a modified image:
    Last edited by DaVulf; 03-17-2006 at 12:26 PM.

Rules:
    dimensions width= 700
    height= 700
    rotation allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Markp.com
    Did no one else find this funny?
    Hahaha...i did once you pointed it out!
    ...images are looking great guys but I'd like to see some one switch it up a bit and rotate the canvas!

Ohhh, I think I like the second one much better DaVulf. Props on the city destruction...it looks spot on IMO.

RUSH you're the man

I think your technique had the best results. Thanks for sharing that with me, I will add that to the my "to do list", we just keep on learning. O.K. My turn now.

I'll drop in a bit..peace.. remembers guys I'm up next in the rollcanvas. Peace.

Here is an example of how it will look using the technique I shared with you.
    yeh that looks nice, thanks. I am still getting used to many of the tools in photoshop so I will have to try that later.

I say do rollcanvas first (if that wasn't obvious) cause I know we all wanna see the final image

SAMedia Blog (general bs) :: jwinmedia (my music site)
    "Think of an advertisement where the product you're marketing is Jesus!"
    -From a work for hire ad

Quote Originally Posted by NJP3
    Ohhh, I think I like the second one much better DaVulf. Props on the city destruction...it looks spot on IMO.
    Thanks man, appreciate it .

JWin,

Nice image. It's very clean, except for the areas already mentioned. There was one more thing that stuck out to me. The gulls reflection in the water is a bit too clean. The boat reflection came off very nice. The mountain and even the city reflection seemed as though they belonged, but the gulls, not so much.

_t
    I don't feel tardy.

Nep, it looks like you're up man. What are you thinking for the theme of this trio of volleys?

Edit: Nep, we haven't heard from you since yesterday. What's the deal for this next round?
    Last edited by DaVulf; 03-18-2006 at 07:44 PM.

DaVulf here is the deal for this round

Be creative, lets try with a painting like style: Tips: I used Noise, Smart Blur and burning. O.K. This is what I came up with. The element from the last image is in there you just have to look for it. If you can't find it I'll point it out. We don't have to post the images used, I feel that is taking away from the quality of the thread. O.K. Fellas work on.

Last edited by nepzap2; 03-20-2006 at 05:24 PM.

Nice image Nep, I really like that. Now, I'm not sure I understand. Do you want us to actually paint stuff (which I cannot do whatsoever) or just make it look painted?

I can do the second, but not the first (especially not without my wacom, which I lost the pen for).

DaVulf

Nah Mang. last time I painted was way back when..., actually that's a part of how I got involved in art... but anyways, no! you do not have to paint it just make it look like it's painted. I don't know if I accomplished that with this serve but just mess around... the smart blur is a good way to get your hands wet with this one. But good luck, can't wait to see what you two come up with.

Peace.

Alright, sounds good Nep. I'll get to work on it tommorow after class.

that's pretty nice man. Just heads up, if there's any round that I may need the full week to get something out it will likely be this week so take your time DaV but I can't wait to see what you come up with

-From a work for hire ad

bit too much of a "filtery" feel on the girl for my taste. i like the browns though.

Alright, so I spent a couple of hours doing this, and it turned out terribly. Apparently I'm not realy getting this down. As such, I'm probably going to take a while to get a volley out.

What is it that you are having problems with? Maybe I can help. Let me know!

Thanks for the offer Nep. Unfortunately, it just has to do with the whole idea of this one. I tried earlier with the image, but it didn't work out very well. I just can't get a concept for this image. I'll have to give it another shot if I get some ideas.

I guess this just comes because it isn't really my style of image. The photomanip area is slightly easier for me because it can be based more on real life. Give me some time and I will hopefully come up with something.

Alright, I've got something cooking up. I'm gonna go study for a test now, but it's coming. Hopefully it satisfies the criteria .

I'm done. I think this captured what I set out for quite well. I hope it falls within the bounds you set out Nep.

guys I'm still alive, I'll have something by saturday.

-From a work for hire ad